24

Tuesday January 28th.

With each tick of the clock Chloe's anxiety increased. She nibbled on her nails, something she never normally did. Any minute now Seb would be here and after speaking briefly to him from her hospital bed yesterday evening she knew that he wasn't happy with her. Even poor Heikki had been given an earful for not getting to the house before she'd gone out yesterday morning. Her eyes flickered from the clock to Kal's face, another reason why Seb wouldn't be happy when he got here; it seemed that Britta had already voiced her concerns to Heikki and between them they'd arranged for Kal to be here and today he was going to speak to Seb.
"Don't look so worried." Heikki said as he walked over with freshly made green smoothie. "He won't be mad, not like he was last night."

"I really pissed him off with my voice mail."

"Yeah he did mention it, he said if it wasn't for you being pregnant then he'd have thought you were drunk." He passed the glass to her. "Have this and try to relax, remember your blood pressure. You're lucky they let you home last night."

"Honestly if they hadn't then I think my blood pressure would have shot through the roof."

"You fainted, they have to take that sort of thing seriously."

"Even though it's a common side effect to pregnancy?"

"Yes, especially with how stressed you'd been."

"Shit." She muttered, taking the straw between her lips. Heikki sat down next to her, watching her as she drank; Seb had been beyond worried when he'd called her back only to find Eva answering his wife's phone and it had taken Heikki a while to calm him down once they'd spoken by phone at the hospital and it wasn't until he'd spoken with Chloe that he'd properly calmed down. He exchanged a look with Kal, his friend was going to find this fiery couple quite interesting to observe. He'd already commented to Heikki how it seemed that Seb wasn't the only one who needed help getting over past issues.

"You're home now and that's all that matters. Try not to worry about Seb, he'll be fine, he'll be happy to see you and don't forget you've got those baby things you've bought to show him." He put a hand on her shoulder.

"Do you always get frightened to see him when you've argued or you think you've done something wrong?" Kal asked.

"What?!" Chloe shifted her gaze from Heikki to Kal while Heikki started to give Kal a desperate look while trying to subtly shake his head to warn him to shut up. "Frightened? You think I'm frightened of Seb?"

"Maybe frightened was the wrong word." Kal said quickly, seeing the horror on her face.

"She's not frightened of me." Seb stated firmly as he walked into the lounge. "Maybe you should have done your homework before you got here." He stopped and his eyes settled on his wife as she put her glass down on the table in front of her. "Hi beautiful, will you come upstairs with me for a moment?" He held his hand out to her. Kal watched them both, his eyes going from Seb to Chloe and then back again repeatedly. Seb's gaze upon his wife was intense but slightly softened by love, adoration and a slight smile that told him he was happy to be reunited with her. At first Chloe looked wary, not frightened, but as she stood up and went to him to accept his hand her gaze became just as intense as her husband's. He didn't need Heikki to tell him that these two were deeply in love and had a very physical relationship, he could already feel the charged atmosphere sparking between them as they looked at each other. Neither of them said another word as Seb led her out of the room, into the hall and then up the stairs. He was quiet but was pulling her along at quite a hurried pace that only increased as they reached the top and then headed towards their bedroom door. The second they reached it, he opened it and pulled her inside, shutting it softly behind them.