62

Monday July 13th. Switzerland.

"Room for one more? I've brought goodies." Seb grinned and waved a pot of Häagen Dazs ice cream at his wife along with two spoons.

"What flavour?" She asked, shuffling to make room for him to sit behind her so that she could lean back against him.

"Chocolate salted caramel." He replied as he sat down in the space she'd created.

"Two spoons?" She queried as she settled back against him, being encircled by his arms as he removed the lid and tossed it onto the table close by.

"Yeah, you don't think you're eating this all by yourself do you?" He chuckled.

"Christ Seb, you're going to go to Hungary about a stone heavier at this rate. Heikki will go absolutely mental."

"You know what? I don't care." He proclaimed as he placed a spoon into her hand. "All I care about right now is you and my boy." He kissed the side of her head and then scooped a generous spoonful out of the tub. "And the ice cream is right behind you both in a close second."

Chloe hesitated before helping herself to the ice cream while Seb let out a moan of pleasure at the taste of it. As much as she loved being in his arms like this, sharing ice cream, she couldn't help but think that he was trying to avoid the subject of his loss of love for his sport and what had happened over the weekend. She'd made a few attempts to talk to him about it throughout the day and every single time he'd changed the subject.

"It's good right?" He said as he dived his spoon in once more.

"It's lush." She agreed, licking her spoon before going for more. "Can I ask you about the weekend and how you currently feel about things?" There was silence for a moment and she heard and felt him sigh against her back.

"Where's our parents? The house seems very quiet." He said, not wanting to answer her question because nothing had changed. If anything, things were worse; made worse by the fact he'd got no decent running with the new updates to the car and that his teammate's error had been simply written off as just a bad day for the team when he knew if it had been himself who'd caused the collision then he'd have been reprimanded by Mattia, mauled by the media and the tifosi and punished by the FIA.

"Believe it or not they're in the games room which is slightly worrying because I just know that my dad will be behind your bar and they'll all be hammered before ten. Don't change the subject again Seb." She took the ice cream from his hand, deciding that it would be easier if she held it. She heard him sigh behind her and she knew he'd probably be rolling his eyes because he didn't want to answer her question, then she could feel him nuzzling his nose into her hair as he brought an arm around her front to let it rest on top of her bump. "Seb." She murmured his name quietly, her tone softly scolding because she knew he was being affectionate to try and swerve attention from what she'd asked him. Turning her head, she let him feather her cheek with little kisses, setting off sparkles of desire that made her close her eyes and lean her head towards him.

"We've run out of.....oops sorry." Chrissie stopped abruptly as she saw the couple cosied up together on the sofa with Seb showering her daughter with affection.

"It's ok." He smiled as Chloe turned to see who'd interrupted their little moment. "We were just sharing some ice cream."

"I just came out for tonic water." Chrissie admitted, feeling a little bit like a third wheel.

"You don't have to stay in the games room on our account." He dipped his spoon back into the pot which was now dripping with condensation onto his wife's bump.