100

Thursday December 3rd.

Thursday had come round all too quickly for Seb as he deposited their empty breakfast trolley outside of their suite. Looking back at Chloe who was now pulling silly faces at Luis to make him laugh, he still couldn't get his head around the fact that she'd said no to trying for another baby. Personally himself, he couldn't see much difference in starting now and waiting for a few more months. If they both wanted another child, then why wait? "You're risking it in that uniform." He smiled as he headed back over to her to see her supporting Luis while making him try to stand on her lap.

"Nah, he was fed a while ago, he won't be sick now." She smiled. "Is it bad that I wish I could bring him with us today but still work with you?"

"No, I'd like him there too but.... you know."

"I know, you want to protect him and keep him out of the media. I respect that and I admire it too."

"You'll be ok this weekend, won't you?" He asked, his expression turning serious for a moment.

"I should be asking you that." She replied, looking at him. "I have to admit that I'm nervous already and you're not even turning a wheel on the track today."

"What I said last weekend still stands, it's not too late for me to tell Lawrence and Otmar......"

"No. You're not finishing unless you want to." She quickly cut in. "But thank you for offering."

"I could be with you when you're pregnant again." He offered, half hoping that it would change her mind about having another baby.

"Seb?" She looked at him.

"Ja?"

"No." She shook her head. "Now please stop trying to push it." She got up just as there was a knock on the door. "That'll be grandma and grandad come to look after you." She said to Luis, kissing his chubby little cheek.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a full turn out for team Vettel as he entered the circuit with his wife dressed in red while Heikki and Britta walked ahead of them. The photographers were instantly attracted to the small group of four, seeing them altogether like this, especially with Chloe in uniform too, was quite rare. Giving her a smile behind his mask and sunglasses, Seb linked his fingers with his wife's. With just two races left with Ferrari, he was now looking to the future and his next chapter with Aston Martin and it felt good to be leaving a difficult season behind him.

"Sebastian?!" A woman dashed up to them, closely followed by a different photographer, the way she was holding her phone to use it to record his voice made alarm bells ring in his head. She was obviously a journalist.

In front of him, Britta had already stopped and was looking completely baffled. With the pandemic still gripping parts of the world, this was a highly unusual and unwelcome thing to be happening.

"What's your reaction to the news that Viviana Conti is expecting your baby Sebastian?" The woman thrust her phone with an outstretched arm towards him.

Chloe stopped immediately as the air felt like it had just been punched from her body. A baby? His baby?

Seb felt her fingers slip away from his own and heard a strangled breath leave her mouth. Surely she didn't believe this? Surely she must know that this was bullshit was one lie too far. The shock in her wide green eyes was obvious.

Snapping into action, Britta was quick to jump between the journalist and her driver while Heikki moved quickly to slip an arm around Chloe's shoulders and begin to lead her away.
"There will be no comment." Brittany stated firmly. "Everything is in the hands of our lawyers."