97

Monday November 16th. Switzerland.

Waking up with Seb next to her in bed was one of life's pleasures that she'd forever be grateful for and Chloe allowed herself a moment to gaze at her sleeping husband. Right now it felt like a small respite from their problem, her problem, and just to lose herself in his beauty if even for a minute felt very therapeutic.

Seb kept his eyes closed, he could sense that she was awake and staring at him and at any other time he'd be opening his eyes and laying his body over hers as he captured her lips in a lazy good morning kiss that would often lead on to something more but not today. Counting down from three in his head, he opened his eyes and turned his head to look at her. She at least looked a bit better this morning, she looked as though she'd actually slept but her gorgeous green eyes still looked sad and lost and full of remorse. It was too painful to keep looking so he gave her a weak smile before throwing off the duvet and getting out of bed.

Chloe sat up as the air immediately felt cold without him next to her and she watched as he disappeared into the bathroom and closed the door behind him. He'd held her last night until she'd fallen asleep, she thought that might mean that he'd come round a bit and wasn't going to be so off with her today but now she wasn't so sure. After another minute she heard the shower start to run, would he turn her away if she joined him? She had to start making amends somehow and knew how he loved to share a shower with her. She got out of bed, having to shuffle down the bed first to avoid Luis' next-to-me crib. The second she was on her feet the room started to spin and she felt dizzy and nauseous, something which she knew was down to a lack of food. She stood for a moment before forcing herself to move, wanting to get to the bathroom and into the shower before he'd finished. On wobbly feeling legs she made it to the door and softly opened it.

Seb heard the door open and then close but kept his back to her. In his mind he could already picture her removing her pyjamas and intending on joining him under the running water. He could picture every perfect part of her body, every curve and every inch of her beautiful creamy skin. He didn't know if he'd be able to resist her but at the same time he wanted to because he didn't want her to think that he'd forgotten all about her lack of trust. The decision was quickly taken off of his hands when he heard her vomiting into the toilet. Forgetting all about his shower, he jumped out and grabbed a towel to wrap around his waist while swiftly going to his wife's side to hold her hair back. His first thought was the obvious one - was this morning sickness? Was she pregnant again? They hadn't always been careful when having sex lately so he knew that it could be a possibility. Had she taken a test yet? Did she already know? Is that why she'd been so emotional the last few days? With his free hand he rubbed her back gently while she gasped for air and wretched.

As soon as she felt like she was done she reached up and flushed the toilet before daring to look at his worried face. He stood up briefly to run her a glass of water, filling up a glass that they always kept in here and then he returned to her side, placing the glass into her shaking hands. She took a sip and then took a few breaths before she felt able to speak. "That was a bit embarrassing." She mumbled quietly.

"It was certainly unexpected." He replied, reaching a hand out to tuck her hair behind both ears.

"I just got up and the room started spinning, I thought I'd be ok once I got in here but obviously not."

"Do you think you could be pregnant?" He blurted the words out, worried and kind of excited in equal measure.

"No." She sounded certain and gave a gentle shake of her head.

"Sure? Have you done a test? We've not always been careful lately."

"I had my period just over two weeks ago, I'm sure." She replied, not missing the fleeting look of disappointment on his face as she passed him the glass back. "It's because I've not eaten." She added to make doubly sure that he knew there was no baby inside her.