25

Friday January 31st. Maranello, Italy.

"Come on superstar." Chloe raised his hand to her lips to kiss him there, his face lit up with a smile not only at her gesture but also at the nickname she'd called him by. "Let's go and see the new woman in your life."

"Jealous already are we?" He teased.

"Of a beautiful, sleek, aerodynamic work of art of a car - never." They stopped outside the door of the factory area. "I am jealous of you though Britta."

"Me?" Britta squeaked in surprise.

"I'm missing the job and I'm envious of you beginning another year of working by this man's side."

"You've got a far better and more important role coming up this year." Britta smiled and patted Chloe's blossoming little bump.

"Yeah and I can't wait to start but I wish I could do something else in the meantime."

"Well you've certainly popped since I've last seen you."

"I must admit this has taken me by surprise too." Chloe glanced down at her rounded belly. "It's literally got bigger over the last couple of days, at first I thought I was just having a fat day but this one is here to stay."

"Well get ready for your secret to be blown to the entire team." Britta opened the door and Chloe felt Seb clutch her hand even tighter as they walked in to a surprising rapturous and welcoming applause.

"Oh wow!" She breathed as people rushed over to them; people she didn't even know that well were embracing her and Seb, there were a few words spoken to them in English, welcoming them back and saying how good it was to see them both after what had happened but a lot of what was said to them was in Italian and she hadn't got a clue what any of it meant. As they'd expected though, it didn't take long for people to spot the baby bump but then wearing a figure hugging burgundy dress she knew it was silly of her to expect anything else. There was yet more hugging and kisses on her cheeks and she heard "complimenti per il bambino!" said to herself and Seb a lot which she knew from her extremely limited knowledge of Italian meant congratulations on the baby in English. Britta stood back happily watching the scene in front of her as everyone made a fuss of the couple, Chloe looked stunned by all the attention while Seb looked quite overwhelmed and touched by it all. Their secret was out now whether Seb wanted it to be or not though it wouldn't get beyond the factory gates, or at least she hoped it wouldn't. Eventually the crowd around them started to disperse and finally Riccardo and Mattia managed to get a couple of minutes with them.

"È così bello vederti Chloe!" Mattia hugged her warmly, his hand rubbing up and down her back. "So wonderful to see you! You look stunning, so good to see you looking so well."

"It's good to be here Mattia and good to see you too." Chloe looked up at him, he was even taller than Seb and she'd always thought that Seb was tall.

"I trust you are fully healed?"

"Yes, patched up and mended now." She glanced at Seb who was already engaged in a conversation with Riccardo, the Italian standing by his side with his arm loosely slung around Seb's shoulders. These people were like family to him.

"And I must congratulate you on the baby!" Mattia exclaimed, lightly patting her tummy. "A new member of the Ferrari family."

"Thank you Mattia, yes a new member."

"Can I ask, when we can expect to meet him or her?"

Chloe glanced at Seb once more, would he mind her telling Mattia when the baby was due? Everyone here now knew she was pregnant so surely it wouldn't make any difference, would it? "I'm actually due to give birth on the day of the Hungarian GP." She replied with a slight grimace, thinking that Mattia would simply love her timing.