85

Chloe opened her eyes and for a moment or two she felt quite disoriented. Her partially clothed, sweat soaked husband was passed out on top of her. He absolutely stunk of a mixture of sweat and stale alcohol that made her feel a bit queasy and she had a feeling that he'd be hideously hungover when he woke up. How much had he had to drink? As she woke herself up properly she quickly became aware of the sound of Luis crying in the bedroom. His cries sounded angry and distraught and she instantly panicked, worried that he could have been crying for quite a while and she hadn't heard him until now. She gave Seb a sharp poke in his side to wake him and said his name loudly. "Seb." He grunted in response but didn't move a muscle, it was as if he was almost comatose. "Shit." She muttered while poking him again, quickly becoming frantic to get to her son. "Seb!" Again he grunted but didn't move. She lost her patience. "For fucks sake Seb!! Will you just move!" She wriggled beneath him and kicked her legs out. Finally taking the huge hint, he moved enough to let her slip from beneath him while hissing like he was in pain. It was then when she realised that he'd still been inside her, he'd fallen to sleep more or less straight after he'd climaxed. Getting to her feet she was then met with warm liquid trickling down the insides of her thighs and the realisation that they'd had unprotected sex. Looking down at her thighs and then at her sleeping, oblivious husband she groaned, "Fuck." Now she was torn between wanting to clean herself up, as well as binning the vest that he'd ripped, and going to her son. Luis had come to first, he'd be well overdue his night feed. As she walked to the bedroom she removed what was left of the vest and tried to wipe herself clean with it. Then she found that she had to dash to the bathroom to wash her hands, not wanting to hold or feed Luis after she'd been wiping Seb's semen from her thighs. Luis was now screaming, she hadn't ever heard him scream like this and it brought tears to her eyes as she ran from the bathroom to go him. His red face and tears told her that he'd probably been crying for a little while, no doubt he'd kept the neighbours in the suite next door awake. "God Luis I'm so sorry!" She scooped him up and sat down on the bed, cuddling him and feeling horrifically guilty. The smell emanating from him told her that he needed a nappy change and it made her feel even worse to know that he'd been laying there not only hungry but also with a dirty nappy. "Jesus! What a shit mother!" She muttered to herself as she helped Luis to latch on, sure that feeding him first would be the right thing to do. It worked and he fell quiet, making snuffly noises as he guzzled her milk like he hadn't been fed for days. But then it probably felt like days to him. Now he was feeding, she let her posture relax and glanced around the room, lit by one bedside lamp. The bed she sitting on was still made as neither herself or Seb had been in it since the night before and their cases were stood against the wall, beneath a window, ready to be packed in the morning for their trip back to Switzerland. The quietness didn't last for long as Seb could suddenly be heard vomiting in the lounge. She tensed up, hoping to god that he hadn't puked on the sofa or the carpet, she could only imagine the hefty cleaning fee they'd be landed with. Needing to make sure that he hadn't ruined any soft furnishings or upholstery, she managed to get up while keeping Luis latched on and walk gingerly back into the lounge where Seb could be heard catching his breath. The relief she felt when she found him holding a small waste bin was huge. At least he could deal with that himself because she wasn't going near him with a barge pole. Not until he stopped throwing up, showered and cleaned his teeth. She was about to turn away when he looked her way; the colour had drained from his face and his eyes were pink, watery and puffy. He looked like shit. "How much did you drink earlier?" She asked, feeling a tiny amount of sympathy for him. In all the time she'd known him, she'd never known him to have a hangover this bad.

With his head banging and his stomach feeling like a malfunctioning washing machine on a spin cycle, he just shook his head. And then threw up some more.

"Get yourself in the bathroom." She said before turning away and waiting for him to go. Now he was making her feel sick too. She couldn't be angry with him, he'd seen her in a state like this more than once but she'd at least thought that he'd be a bit more responsible now that they'd got Luis.