COTE/RWBY: Volume 1 Chapter 3: Preparing for Initiation

Yang crossed her arms as Ruby approached her, "So sis how's your first day going?"

"Surprisingly not so bad at all, I first got into an argument with this person called Weiss because I accidentally tripped over her luggage and almost exploded, but we made up in the end."

"You almost exploded? Really? How did you make up with this Weiss person then? I doubt you left on good terms."

"W-Well I was trying to apologize to her, but then I met this guy called Kiyotaka and he sort of helped me out with Weiss when we were arguing. He managed to convince her it was an accident so then she apologized and walked off."

"Ooh well...this Kiyotaka person seems like a nice guy then"

"Yeah, he also helped Jaune and I find the auditorium since we didn't know were to go and was lost."

Yang raised an eyebrow, "Jaune? Who's that?"

Ruby nervously laughs, "I-It may have been the guy who accidentally puked on your shoe."

Yangs eyes went wide, "Really! That Guy!"

"Come on Yang, Jaune's not that bad once you get to know him."

Yang stares at Ruby for a few seconds before smirking at her"Alright sis whatever you say, still I'm surprised you managed to make some friends already, and who knows you might hook up with this Kiyotaka person in the future, guess you're taking my advice already"

"What do you mea-" Ruby had a confused look before finally blushing when she realized what Yang meant "Yang It's not Like that!"

Yang Laughs, "Chill out sis I was just joking, o-oh hey there's professor Ozpin."

Getting on the stage, Professor Ozpin stepped up to the mircophone, with a stoic expression on his face

Getting on the stage, Professor Ozpin stepped up to the mircophone, with a stoic expression on his face."I'll keep this brief, you have traveled here today in search of knowledge, to hone your craft and new skills and when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your lives to the protection of the people. But I look among you and all I see is wasted energy, in need of purpose, direction. You assume knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge will carry you so far, It is up to you to take the first step." Once he was finished he walked off.

Professor Glynda who was next to Ozpin stepped up to the microphone"You all will gather in the ballroom tonight, tomorrow begins your initiation, Be ready." She then walked off.

Both Yang and Ruby frowned, "He seemed... kind of off" Yang said.

"Yeah Its like he wasn't even there." Ruby Replied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayanokouji POV

Jaune and I finally managed to get a spot in the back where it wasn't that crowded, and It looks like we were right on time when the headmaster of the school Professor Ozpin came into the room.