COTE/RWBY: Volume 1 Chapter 8: Jaunedice Part 1

Third Person Pov

     ("Thoughts")

        "Talking"

Weeks went by ever since Ruby and Weiss had an argument, and had made up soon after that when they had realized they were both in the wrong. Ruby's and Jaune's teams began to hang out a lot more with each other after classes along with Kiyotaka who also decided to hang out with them more as well since they were people that considered him as a friend and seemed to liked his company.

Kiyotaka mainly listens to the conversations both teams were having and say stuff from time to time, and Ruby noticed that he was a little bit like her teammate Blake and Jaune's teammate Ren who doesn't say that much the more she hung out with him, so she decided to evolve him more into the conversations they were having so she can get him to start talking more and it eventually worked out. 

Kiyotaka was doing fairly well in his classes as he had passable grades in all his classes as his grades were only C's in all of the assignments, homework, or tests that he had to do by himself. Some assignments were required as a team, but the professor's were informed early of his predicament and told him that he was excused from these kinds of assignments and didn't have to worry about it.

Kiyotaka didn't look forward to combat class as much as the rest of the group as sometimes his name gets picked and he has to put on his combat gear and grab his weapon to get ready to spar in the classroom and had to face some of his classmates one one in the class. Throughout his combat classes he managed to  consistently tie against his opponent or sometimes win against them in his fights.

Whenever Kiyotaka is in Combat Class he catches Professor Goodwitch sometimes staring at him with a distrustful gaze as if he had done something wrong, she quickly looks away whenever he meets her gaze though. He then one day tried to talk to her after class to see if he had done something to upset her, and she assured him that he did nothing wrong and apologized to him for the misunderstanding.

(Timeskip)

Kiyotaka along with Team's RWBY and the three members of (J)NPR were currently in Combat Class watching Jaune fight against Cardin, who was losing very badly at the moment.

Jaune was heavily panting and looked liked he was about to pass out as he looked at Cardin who laughed at him while he held his mace behind him. Jaune then let out a war cry as he ran at Cardin and use Crocea Mors to slash downwards at him, but he missed and was hit on his side by Cardin's mace which knocked him away.

("Jaune seems to be a complete novice at fighting, he's just attacking Cardin blindly with no plan at all which makes Cardin counter him easily because of how easy it is to read his next move. It makes you wonder how he even survived Initiation back then in the first place.") Kiyotaka thought as he saw Jaune's aura now in the red and Cardin's aura which was completely full.

Jaune then got back up and tried the same move again but Cardin blocked it with his mace, he used all the strength he had to try and push Cardin away but he soon got overpowered.

"This is the part where you lose" Cardin said.

"Over my dead bod-" Jaune tried to say but Cardin Kneed him in his stomach and Jaune fell onto the floor in pain. Cardin then raised his mace into the air as he was about to bash him in the head.

"Cardin that's enough" Glynda said as she stood between the both of them as the lights turned back on.