COTE/RWBY: Volume 1 (Final) Chapter 14: Black and White

Blake Belladonna POV

It has now been two days since I ran away from Beacon. I was now in a coffee shop with another faunus who's name was Sun and was trying to get me to socialize when I clearly didn't want to, which was getting really annoying.

"*Sigh*" What is it Sun?" I asked.

"Finally, she speaks!" Sun cried out, raising his hands in the air as if happy he made some progress.

"It's been nearly two days and you've been giving me nothing but small talk and weird looks!" Sun pointed out.

I just simply gave him a look as if to say 'Isn't that obvious?'

"Yeah, like that." He added.

I simply rolled my eyes as I decided to talk to Sun about something, "Sun, are you familiar with the White Fang?" I asked.

Sun nodded, "Of course! I don't think there's a faunus on the planet who hasn't heard of them. Stupid, holier-than-thou creeps that use force to get whatever they want. Bunch of freaks if you ask me." Sun answered.

I then took a sip of my tea before responding, "I was...once a member of the White Fang." I said.

Sun started to choke on a little on his tea being a little in shock at what I admitted, "Wait a minute, 'you' were a member of the White Fang?" Sun asked.

I nodded, "That's right. I was a member for most of my life actually. You could almost say I was born into it. Back then things were different, in the ashes of war, the White Fang was meant to be a symbol of peace and unity between humans and faunus, of course, despite being promised equality, the faunus were subjected to discrimination and hate. Humanity still thought of us as lesser beings. And so, the White Fang rose up as a voice of our people. And I was there. I was at the front of every rally. I took part in every boycott." I explained.

"I thought we were actually making a difference... but I was just a youthful optimist, then 5 years ago, our leader stepped down, and a new one took his place. A new leader, with a new way of thinking. Suddenly our peaceful protests were being replaced with organized attacks. We were setting fire to shops that refused to serve us. Hijacking cargo from companies that used faunus labor, and the worst part was?...... It was working. We were being treated like equals. But not of respect.... but out of fear." I continued.

"So I left. I decided I no longer wanted to use my skills to aid their violence, and instead, I would dedicate my life to becoming a huntress. So, here I am. A criminal hiding in plain view, all with the help of a little, black, bow." I finished, as I wiggled my ears to point it out.

"So...have you told your friends any of this?" Sun asked.

I remained silent as I knew I haven't told my friends anything, I didn't want to run from them at all but I had no choice, since they knew my secret I panicked and I didn't know what to do. I'll just stay out of sight for now until I figure out how to face my team again after what I said to them.

Only one person knows about my past affiliation with the White Fang, and also seemed to have already knew about me being a faunus.

Kiyotaka Ayanokouji. I don't know exactly what to think of him, he was a person that was kind of quiet, plain, and mostly invisible in general. We barely interact with each other, he's more like a friend of a friend as I barely interact with Team JNPR as well.

Whenever I see him he always seemed to be expressionless, it was almost like if you look into his eyes they would seem dead inside, I wonder what would cause him to be like that. Not only that but I also have a feeling he may seem to be smarter than he let's on, could it be that he's hiding something? Now that I think about it that's does seem more probable.