COTE/RWBY Volume 1 Chapter 4: Initiation Begins

(Flashback)

"All you're taking with you is some hygiene accessories and some clothes kid? you sure you don't need anything else?" A random man said.

"Yes this is all I need, I don't need to take anything else with me." A thirteen year old boy responded.

"Well then it looks like you're all ready to go then, but first listen up the place I'm sending you to is called Beacon Academy a combat school where huntsmen and huntresses go, where they are the future of this generation to protect the world."

"You're sending me to a Combat School? Why?" The boy asked with a barely noticeable hint of resentment.

"Look kid I know you want as much of a normal life as possible, but trust me when I say that I checked everywhere and this was the only school you can go to that's out of this place's reach from HIM"

"....."

"I'm sorry kid, I wish there was more that I could do for you, but this is the only way."

The boy stays quiet for a moment thinking about what he said before responding to him, "When do I leave?"

"You leave now....But first, What I'm giving you right now is a keycard, and some maps. The keycard is for a secret exit hidden that no-one knows about but me, and one of those maps is the location of that exit."

"The other map I've given you is a map of Remnant and on that You'll see some directions to where I have an apartment I've rented out for you for 3 years, when you get there tell the manager of that place that the password for the 3 year room is "Code 50" so don't worry about paying for now and I'll also give you some extra lien on a card so you aren't flat broke when you go to the school."

"What about my transcripts of that school?"

"Don't worry about that, I'll take care of that eventually. Just make sure as soon as you turn 16 you head over to Beacon Academy."

"I see... so I guess this is it then."

"I suppose it is kid, but there's something extra I wanna give you." He said as he walked off, but came back a minute later with a briefcase and opened it which contained some combat gear for a fighter and a sword.

"You're giving this to me... why? the clothes also seem a bit to big for me to wear." The boy said confused.

"I know that, but trust me I'm confident you'll be able to fit this when your older, and the sword used to be mine but now I'm giving this and the clothes to you as a going away present kid."

the boy stared curiously at the sword almost like he was entranced to it. "What does the sword do?"

The man grins,"That's something you're gonna have to find out yourself kid but I will only tell you this. Since I'm giving it to you it only works for you now and can't be used by anyone else. That's enough fooling around though it's time for you to go kid, someone could come any minute now."

The boy takes all of his belongings that was given to him and puts it in the briefcase and was about to walk out the door, but he stopped to say one last thing to him. "Thank You....Aaron." he says with a small smile then left.

Aaron watches the boy he knows he won't ever see again with a small smile before finally turning back and heading into another part of the building.

I would say good luck to you kid but I know you won't need it, not after what I seen what you can do, if anything I'm more worried about the people or things that cross YOU.

(Present time)

Ayanokouji Pov

As soon as I got up I noticed I was up earlier then most, I looked beside me and noticed that Blake was still sleeping so I carefully went over her, and went to the boys locker room to get dressed. After that I decided walk to the cafeteria to eat something so I won't be hungry during Initiation.