COTE/RWBY: Volume 1 Chapter 10: An Unexpected Occurrence

Cardin POV

(Team CRDL's Dorm Room)

It was nearly late at night in my dorm room as I was the only one up at the moment and the rest of my teammates were asleep as I was layed down on my bed feeling good about what happened a few hours ago.

(Flashback)

"I lied Pyrrha, I used some fake transcripts to get into the school" Jaune said.

"B-But why?" Pyrrha asked.

While the two of them were talking to each other they failed to realize all the noise they were making was below my dorm, I always knew Johnny boy was an amateur at fighting, and was easy to mess around with because quite frankly I can tell he doesn't have any sort of backbone in him which made it all the easier for me.

I wasn't surprised at all to overhear that Jaune had used fake transcripts to get into Beacon. I always knew that failure didn't deserve to be here. I found myself slowly smirking at the information I overheard as I then decided to keep quiet and see how this conversation was gonna go.

"My father and Grandfather and all of them before were all warriors, heroes. I wanted to be one as well, I was just never good enough." Jaune told her.

"Then let me help you." Pyrrha suggested.

"I don't need help, I don't want to be the damsel in distress I wanted to be a hero!" He yelled.

"Jaune" Pyrrha said as she was stunned at his explanation.

"If I can't do this on my own then what good am I?" He questioned as Pyrrha tried to reach out to him and comfort him but he backed away. "Just leave me alone for now." He said.

"If that's you think is best." Pyrrha said in defeat as she left.

Hahahaha this is priceless. The idiot can't even see that that hot teammate of his who was Pyrrha Nikos of all people was just trying to help him despite him having fake transcripts, but he turned her away like a complete fool. Now that she's gone I might as well make myself known.

"Jaune" I called out to him as I climbed on top of the roof and stood a few feet away from him.

"Cardin!" Jaune said in shock

"I can't help but overhear you two from my dorm room, so you snuck into Beacon I gotta say Jaune I didn't expect you to be such a rebel." I said being smug.

"Please Cardin! Please Don't tell anyone!" He begged.

"Jaune come on I never rat a friend out." I said

"A friend?" He said.

"Of course." I said as I put him a headlock. "We're friends now Johnny boy and the way I see it we're gonna be friends for a very long time." I finished as I let go of him not caring if I was hurting him or not.

"By the way I really don't have time to do those readings Dr. Oobleck gave us today, can you take care of for me?" I asked as I walking back to the edge of the roof, not caring about his answer because he knows what happens if he said no.

"Don't worry Johnny boy, Your secret is safe with me." I said as I climbed down and went back into my dorm.

(Present Time)

I was now grinning like a madman as I recalled the memory. I have Jaune right where I want him and there's nothing he can do about it, I probably won't have to do any school work for the rest of the year now.

As I was mentally celebrating my victory my thoughts then suddenly went to another person. He had brown hair, golden eyes and wore a blue and white combat jacket with black finger less gloves, black combat jeans and white combat boots.