COTE/RWBY: Volume 1 Chapter 5: The Grimm Forest

Every student prepared themselves getting launched into Beacon Forest back and forward, when next came Ruby's turn getting launched and soon after shouting "BIRDY NO!!" when she accidentally hit a bird in the air, and then Weiss was launched not looking worried at all, followed by Ren and Nora with him looking bored and Nora was as always looking ecstatic, then it was Yang who was looking just as excited as Nora and was then launched and was screaming happily while in the air.

Next was Pyrrha who had quickly landed on a tree and searched for Jaune with her weapon, and spotted him falling with no way of getting down, so she transformed Milo into a spear and launched it at him with perfect aim and nailed him in his jacket into a tree far away somewhere, and Jaune feeling grateful for the save shouted "THANK YOU" with Pyrrha responding "I'M SORRY" in advance.

Then finally it was Ayanokouji's turn to get launched and he crouched and was sent into the air with no readable expression at all on his face, and then faded away into the distance.

Ruby POV

As soon as she hit the ground she went into the forest into a fast sprint.

"I gotta find Yang, gotta find Yang, gotta find Yang." She said with her voice going in a fast pace.

Oh man, what if I can't find Yang and someone else finds her instead of me? Well... there's Jaune he's nice and funny, but I get the feeling he can't fight that well... there is also Blake but I don't think I can hold a conversation with her for that long. Oh!!! There is Kiyotaka he's nice and he helped me out before, but... I sometimes get this mysterious vibe coming from him.

Well alright then it's settled, I'll try to look for Yang and Kiyotaka and then we wi-

Her thoughts were interrupted when she looked up and made her feet come to a stop, appearing right in front of the person she was last expecting to get paired up with.

"Of course I get paired up with you of all people." Weiss said in a huff.

"H-Hi Weiss, so I guess we're partners right?" Ruby said nervously.

"I guess so, because of the rules you'll now be my partner for the next 4 years." Weiss said as she sighed, but immediately looked at Ruby with nothing but seriousness on her face. "Listen Here! You're now my partner, and I expect nothing from you but your best! You Understand!"

"Yeah! No problem!" Ruby said feeling happy Weiss was accepting her.

"Now come on, let's complete our mission and get out of this forest already." Weiss said as she started to walk off.

"Hey wait for me!" Ruby yelled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So Weiss, since we're gonna be partners can you tell me what your semblance is?" Ruby asked after walking in silence for a couple of minutes.

"I suppose I should, I have the ability to create glyphs. I can either use it on my own or with the dust that I have stored in my rapier, I'll tell you more about it later." Weiss said.

"Oooh that's sounds pretty cool!" Ruby said feeling excited.

Weiss smiled at her answer. "Well since I told you mine, what about yours then?"

As soon as she said that Ruby appeared right in front of her in a burst of speed leaving rose pedals behind her startling her for a second "I'm very fast you see." Ruby said with a smirk.

Weiss blinked at her for a few seconds.. "I see...it looks like it can work well with my glyphs, but do you always leave rose pedals behind you?"

"Uh yeah pretty much, it goes with my last name rose you know." Ruby said with a smile.