A Child's Name

"A-hem Charle!" Sebastian yelled.

"Yeah? What's today's lesson?" Charle smiles.

Sebastian sighs "Well, you are bound to hear this sometime..."

Charle's eyes widen and backs away "What are we learning today?"

"Family life"

"NO! No no no no no..." Charle replies back.

"Charle, this is important. I'm not explaining anything too detailed yet" Sebastian replies exasperated.

Charle raises an eyebrow "What?"

"Feelings, physical change. That's all" Sebastian sighs.

Charle lets out a puff of relief "Thank goodness"

"Are you getting any emotions at all?At your age?"

Charle shrugged "I don't know, sure at times irritation, frustration, anger"

Sebastian raised an eyebrow "So far all the emotions are negative...are you sure you don't need help?"

Charle shook her head "No nothing like that, I don't hold any affections to anyone actually"

Sebastian rearranged the books he held "If you like a boy, you will immediately tell me"

"W-what?! Why?!"

"Because if it's a mortal, then you're bound to get hurt" Sebastian replied.

Tipping her head to one side, Charle was confused "Hurt?"

Sebastian sighed "As much it is sad, it is true. Human love is sometimes portrayed as forever..."

Sebastian's eyes flashed "But it's a lie" his voice dark.

Charle was starting to mentally panic, her father never acted in such a manner.

"H-How can love be a lie?" Charle whispered.

"Humans lie, they are deceitful. Their form of love isn't true, it isn't forever. For humans die. You had read enough literature to figure out one of the lines humans say when they are wed." Sebastian continues in his dark tone.

"...Until death do us part" Charle's voice was of a pitched gasp.

"Humans die, but demons like us, do not"

"B-But you said I was half...demon"

Sebastian stiffened, Charle started to panic even more because her father was unresponsive.

"True, but you are still immortal, actually the fact that you're half means you have a great potential." Sebastian replied.

Charle sighed "I'll never be as good as you."

Sebastian chuckled "Don't doubt yourself, you're omnipotent, my little angora."

Charle's eyes widened "Omnipotent? That's a little bit of over exaggeration, don't you think?"

Sebastian only shook his head "Of course not, races that are born half and half are known for as Children of Great Generation."

Charle smiled "What a great name I have"

"There's actually higher names of such"

Charle was instantly drawn in the subject "Really? What are they?"

Sebastian smiled "A demon and reaper which is highly unlikely their child would be called: Watchfulness'."

Charle only let out a disdainful huff "That's stupid! They are awful without their glasses!"