Trial Ten: Watching and Waiting

"Whoa! It's so cool!"

Sebastian smiled as his daughter inspecting his eye.

"Huh?" She suddenly redrew back.

"What's wrong? Little Angora?"

"How come your eye is..."

But Charle's words seem to trail away in ________'s mind. She only blinked and had thoughts race around.

Angora, Persian, Tabby...and I think Ragamuffin? That's a new addition, but it makes sense. I guess for Charle.

"Lady ________?" Ciel asked firmly.

_________ shook her head "Sorry, I was just over thinking."

"It wasn't important M'lady, you just seemed a bit dazed." Claire replied.

"More importantly the next trial." _______ replied.

"But we've went through so many in a row shouldn't we-"

"There's no such thing as rest Charle. The sky hasn't changed."

Charle sighed "That's weird...I feel tired."

"That's odd." Sebastian felt his daughter's forehead.

"You're never sick, young demons do not have the capability of becoming sick. And you're usually active when the moon is out." Sebastian reasoned.

"I feel...I feel...tired, and stressed. That's not natural is it?"

"I see now." Claire murmured and placed her hands on Charle's head and she fell asleep.

"This happened with Auclair too, she gained her father's stress, the two were very close."

Sebastian looked at his daughter, _______ sat up and put her hand on Charle's forehead.

"I will tend to her. The next trial is Watching and Waiting, it deals with you playing the prey role while...something hunts you."

Claire winced "Austin seemed rather uneasy after this trial."

Shiro looked up at Sebastian "That new eye should help, It has a huge amount of field vision, so you'll probably see anything before it strikes you."

Sebastian nodded "Ah Shiro...my apologies."

Shiro once more looked at Sebastian "Whatever may happen. I entrust my daughter to you."

"Right."

***

Sebastian opened the doors to the next trial it was dark and trees stood ominously among the shadows, as if someone recreated the environment of night in this very room.

"Ah, finally. I was beginning you had started to cower."

Sebastian looked up to see Shirohane standing on what looked like a near crumbled pillar.

White hair, gold rapier, and just the overall "king-like" aura surrounding him.

"Cower? I really don't fancy that tactic."

It was a literal stare-off between a King and a Prince. Light and Shadow, Angel to Demon.

"I will admit. I have underestimated your skill, but once again. Your life is merely a strand after another. A contradiction."