Trial Seven: Board Game of Death

"This trial, I haven't heard of it before." Claire said frustratingly.

"It's a new trial that has replaced: Destined Death. But because of the impossibility to complete the said trial it has been replaced by-as the title suggests-Board Game of Death." ________ explained.

"How do you suddenly have a mass knowledge on these trials?" Sebastian asked.

"I've seen files of how Shirohane constructed this all. The first few trials were never revealed, so they were scrapped together into what they are now. But the Board Game of Death has a human linkage." ________ continued.

"A human linkage? How so?" Ciel asks.

"You."

Ciel flinched when he met her gaze, she stared at him as if he were being assessed or analyzed.

"Your board game is like no other. It's almost like a prediction, an omen of some sort. When secret black marketers dressed all fancy to toy around with your money, you played the game with the leader. You remember the blocks he landed on." ________ said.

"He loses his way in the enchanted forest, he moves one less square each turn." Ciel mumbled.

"He excused himself, but got lost in the manor and could only keep circling around." ________ replied.

"His eyes are then gouged by pesky crows, he now only moves half the amount of steps rolled." Ciel continued.

"Once he was completely lost in the manor, he fell and his face met with the stairs, losing his sight." ________ continued.

"His half amount of steps lead him to be eaten alive by wolves."

"When he was going home with his friends, they got attacked."

Ciel huffed "Sebastian merely finished them off."

Charle shivered "Now I'm happy that I never played your weird board game."

Sebastian and _______ shot Ciel a glare.

"You offered her to play?" Sebastian asked firmly.

"N-No! He never asked me to play. I just thought it was some fun game he would play with the guests. I thought it was weird because it was a bit obvious that the guests were being rude. I didn't think think it was a game meant to predict death." Charle quickly defended.

Ciel sighed "You went to the extent of even asking me to play."

"We'd only in the end, play chess...How do you keep beating me every time?!" Charle whines.

Ciel smirked "I'm rather absolute, when it comes to winning."

"So this trial has to do with an ominous board game. But this time the steps you take are actually literal." Shiro mumbled.

That's when the bell tolls.

"That was barely enough time!" Charle groaned.

Sebastian chuckled "I promise you we'll spend as much time as you'd like when I'm finished."

Then he abruptly left, Charle looked longingly at the door. ________ felt her heart cringe inwardly, as if it weren't painful for her, Charle could feel much more pain. Her father was like another half of her world. If she were to lose him, it would completely break her.

"You better keep your promise." She mumbled as she turned into a cat and jumped towards the vents.

When Charle and Sebastian left, ________ nodded her head and spoke softly.

"Of course he'll keep his promise. He's a father, and more importantly..."

"He's your father."