Trial Twelve: Chamber of Chained Hearts

The room was quiet, no one could speak and there wasn't really anything to say.

Claire had her eyes closed. Ciel was much more rigid than usual. Shiro was looking down.

Charle and ___________ were very quiet. __________ didn't know how to react until she felt a breeze.

Almost instantly Charle was by her father's side. Sebastian's eyes widened in the slightest. He didn't assume in the smallest that his daughter would have the skill in the use of instantaneous speed at such a young age.

"You better return back...I know, you've been consecutively winning these trials. But...please, you're scaring me so much lately." Charle sighed.

Sebastian knelt down "Of course."

He stood back up and smirked "After all I am simply-"

"One Hell of a Butler."

Sebastian snuck a sly smile to his daughter who repeated his infamous diabolical line.

________ could feel the hope glimmer inside her, Shiro could feel this piece of hope light up again, and Claire could feel _______'s mood change and the atmosphere change.

"Become the renegade who will shatter the corruption here!" Charle smirked.

"Very much so...my little chausie." Sebastian exchanged a sly look of pride towards his daughter.

And so the bell tolled with daughter and father grinning knowing that each other have the same thoughts and have the same feeling.

***

Sebastian walked into a room, it was dark, or at least it felt like it was. It was more of a rift. But unease didn't seem to play as a dominant thought in the prince of Demons. Suddenly a boy emerged and as soon as Sebastian laid sights on him, a feeling of eerie familiarity towards this boy he seemed to smile a greeting.

"Hi...I'm sure you felt it too, right?"

He was but a child, but draped in swathing dark clothes of a prince or at least an important general. His face so young, yet his eyes gave away no age.

"Ah! I'm sorry! It's a habit you see. I don't introduce myself first...I hope you're not mad at me."

Sebastian shook his head "Please do not fret."

"My name is Malus! You seem new here."

Sebastian didn't know what to expect, this trial was oddly confusing. Did Shirohane truly mean for this...child to be something he is to face?

"Yes...I am." Sebastian replied.

It wasn't an entire lie, the Demon had no idea what is to be expected in this trial, the title of the trial in each one seemed to give away what the trial truly was. But this trial was beyond the knowledge of truly anyone except Austin.