Trial Six: Tripled Vision

Charle then bolted up and her breathing was heavy.

"Hey, you okay?" Shiro asked.

It was early, and she did not feel her father's presence. Did the trial...It really took that long. But a growing sense of rapid fear erupted, it wasn't her own it was someone else's.

That's when the door opened up to reveal Sebastian.

Charle did not wait any longer before running up to him and tackling him into an embrace.

"What's with the sudden embrace, my little snowshoe kitten?" Sebastian asked.

"I was scared."

Sebastian hadn't heard those words in a while. Not when she was small and so feeble.

"You're alright...you're safe."

She nodded silently "...Y-yeah."

"I'm always here. I'm much more worried. More than you realize." He said as she clung tightly.

But time was cruel and yet again ripped father and daughter apart.

I'm so happy...that it was just an illusion...

The next trial could only really speak to its typicality of its name.

Tripled vision. There were three doors and you had three points of view. The problem...

One vision is your own. Second, behind one door you chose, third behind another door you chose. But whatever was behind those doors, can kill you. Even if you use your tripled sight, you can die from whatever was inside. Your path also depended on your choices and which door you would cross was the safest route.

"Hello!"

A small, silver bird landed on Sebastian's shoulder., his eyes widened.

"You..."

The small bird fluttered her wings "Just as always, but this time your trials mean something."

Sebastian looked at the bird, and started to walk "Yours weren't meaningless."

"...I'll take your word."

It was silent, but then three doors appeared.

"Careful...these doors are Rosaria, Superbia, and Irisia."

"As the name suggests...decisions are hard." Sebastian replied.

"I know it's not your style to wait around. I hope you're up to the patience game." The silver bird tweeted.

"As you said not my style."

With that he gazed into Irisia, many eyes started to stare at him. He broke the vision, and gazed into Rosaria.

It was a rose garden but the thorns turned sharper and as long as jousting swords, Sebastian cancelled his vision before they could impale him.

And I wonder how many thorns are among a single rose? Imagine a whole garden.

"Rosaria it is."

"You're kidding!?" The bird squawked and flutter her wings.

"Better than Superbia."

He entered the door and instantly jumped, he dodged each on the sword-like thorns and was able to slimly escape to the other side.

"Jeez! You're reckless!"

"Next doors please."

"Hey are you listening-" Then the little bird stopped. His eyes had turned into slits, they were calculating every single bit of movement. It was scary, but who said that a demon could not act like a demon.