Trial Eleven: Lullaby of Eternal Sleep

Shiro couldn't help but stare in the mirror for a long while. His eyes no longer had the intense blue, they were now cobalt and sharp as flint.

Charle had recently woken up and stared at Shiro, he seemed, a lot like her, but yet different. But she could see how his reflection could only stare back stoically.

"Did you sleep well Charle?" He asked without turning around.

Ciel, Claire, and ________ were all discussing strategies in another room while Charle and Shiro stayed in the bedroom (which were connected). So it was only the two of them.

"Yeah. I slept well." Charle replied as she got up from bed and put on her boots.

"How about you Shiro? How well did you sleep?" Charle asked.

"Fine."

Charle nodded "That's...nice."

It was hard to come around for Shiro, now that he had seemed to have lost the ability to even detect emotion. He seemed distant, like a drifting memory of...

Well. It was hard to say.

Charle smiled and laid back "There was once this huge blue butterfly, and it flittered around a bit and landed on my head once. It flew away, but it's wings were beautiful!"

Shiro seemed happy to see Charle talk about something harmless in such a desolate situation.

"Hey Shiro."

"Hmm?"

"What do you think of Ciel?"

Shiro shrugged "I don't know. At least it's kinda hard to say. I feel like I can relate to him."

"Is that all?"

Shiro looked at Charle who was taming her black hair with one of the silver brushes. As she did, she looked at Shiro.

"I mean, I think you and my master are quite similar. Especially your eyes, they're both...cold. But you two are also similar with your eyes and past." Charle replied.

"What do you know about my past?" the dark haired male asked defensively.

"Nothing."

Charle's facial expression changed, as if she matured within an instant, Shiro needed to blink to make sure that it was really Charle who he was looking at.

"But I can see it all in your eyes. They are exactly like my master's. You were innocent once, until someone decided that they could use you to better themselves. If anything, you are the younger, mirror image to my master."

Shiro looked at his reflection again, he didn't know what to say. Probably because he couldn't deny that fact, he knew that Charle had the intelligence that was significantly higher than a human being's. But the statement said, she truly was a demon, he could not underestimate her.

"What does Ciel mean to you?"

Charle smiled "Like an older brother. He never really showed me any affection, knowing I was a demon and I wouldn't interpret emotion 'correctly'. But one time, I ran off on my own you see..."