Blame

*:・゚✧ *:・゚

"How long have you been here?" Jungkook asks, shoving the hotel room key into the tiny slot on the wall.

His hands fumble to place the Louis Vuitton duffle bag in his hands on the ground and he hurriedly removes a leather satchel from around his broad shoulders. As he passes it over his head, I see the  the ripple of smooth muscle underneath the thin t-shirt he's wearing.

"Ji Woo told me that you left..."

"Yes, I did." I say, taking on an aloof tone, "The music just wasn't, my taste.."

My ex raises his eyebrows skeptically with a little snort. Of course, the jerk was so full of himself that there's no way I couldn't have found his music anything less than a priceless work of art! 

It was, but that's beside the point. 

He doesn't have to know that I think that and hell would definitely freeze over before I ever admitted it to him.

Jungkook moves further into the room after freeing him self properly from his belongings. He is wearing a fresh set of clothes but his hair is still damp and wet after his performance.

I gulp, taking a step back from him. He's still standing a couple metres away from me at the entrance of his hotel room but I don't want him to come any closer.

I know this isn't the best place to confront my ex-husband but I want this to be private and over with quickly. As soon as I get him to sign the divorce papers, I'm out of here.

"Melanie..." his lips issue my name 

"Jungkook.." I reply, eyeing him beadily.

I motion to the papers on the desk at the mouth of the entryway. His eyes fall on them in recognition and he looks back at me with a pained expression.

"How did they even let you up to my room anyway?"

"I had to make use of my spousal privileges just one last time right?..." I answer coldly, examining my fingernails. 

"Melanie, let's just talk..."

"No!" I shout suddenly, surprising Jungkook and even myself a little, "You....you stay right there and sign those papers. I came to see you like you wanted. Now give me what I asked for in return: sign them!"

"Don't you want to know why I came back?"

He reaches out for me and I swerve away from his grasp.

A mirthless laugh rings out from my chest.

"To be honest Jungkook, I don't care."

"It's because I wanted to ask you to forgive me..." His tone drops to one that's deep, sincere.

"Forgive you?" my eyes practically bulge out of my head at this farcical notion.