Into the Flame

*:・゚✧ *:・゚

Jungkook has been plotting something lately, I just know it.

The insanely frequent, hushed meetings that are happening with between himself, Jin and Taehyung. The fact that our only conversations now are him making small-talk about the baby, and otherwise, he seems withdrawn. 

Like he's lost in his own world.

I stood in the doorway of the Hannok looking out at Jungkook sitting in the leafy garden and again, there he was, with the weight of the world seemingly on his mind.

It made me nervous. Not knowing what to expect.

 Wondering if each new day that came, would be our last together.

Peanut was growing bigger and bigger, day-by-day and this combined with the summer heat, forced me indoors where I decided to take another nap, knowing that it was no use to disturb Jungkook anyway.

In the afternoon, the muffled chatter of strange voices outside forced my dreary eyes open. I wandered out careful to stay hidden from sight, only to find Jungkook entertaining a foreign-looking group of men.

I had never seen them before and it provoked my suspicions even more that something big was about to go down.

As they got into their vans to leave, I scurried back inside before Jungkook could notice me.

I sat on the bed with my hands lightly resting on my belly, waiting.

I heard him enter the room and could sense that he was standing there looking at my back turned but it only lasted a couple seconds.

Jungkook disappeared into the bathroom and when he emerged, he was completely changed. Dressed very importantly in a sleek designer suit, reminding me of when he first walked into my office in New York. 

The other Jungkook was standing here in this room with me now and I gulped nervously, keeping my eyes down.

"What's going on?" I enquired softly. Still looking at my hands as he took a duffle bag out from underneath the bed and stuffed the car keys in his pocket.

"I'll be gone for a few days, Love." He answered mechanically.

I spun around, 

"A few days! What....where are you going?"