Comeback

*:・゚✧ *:・゚

"I'll take that..." Jungkook quickly swipes a heavy-ish vase of fresh flowers from my grasp.

"Hey!" I protest but he quickly quiets me with the subtle warning of one raised eyebrow.

"You need to take it easy, Mel. I don't want our little Peanut, to get hurt..." He whispers in my ear with a tiny smirk on his lips while I inhaled nervously, glancing around.

"Will you stop! What if someone overhears?" I hiss, feeling panicked. 

It felt bad enough already to know that everyone who mattered, now knew I was pregnant besides the one person who was supposed to be my 'best-friend', Ji-Woo.

I didn't want him to hear about my pregnancy from anyone else but me and I was scared to death that Jungkook would not be able to keep his big, excited, baby-obsessed mouth... shut.

It was however, soul-warmingly cute, the way Jungkook immediately took to the idea of us becoming parents. 

I had no clue how he'd react to be honest but Jungkook surpassed any expectations I could have ever imagined for him as a father-to-be. 

The next morning after I broke the news and we made up, I was awakened by a phone-call. 

Finding myself alone in the bedroom of my apartment when we had fallen asleep in each other's arms the night before- I immediately felt a sense of familiar doubt upon opening my eyes to empty surroundings. 

But when I answered the phone it none other than, Jungkook himself, calling me from the Baby section of Nordstrom Rack! 

I smiled and blushed into the receiver listening to Jungkook feverishly question me about whether we should buy pink or blue or forget it -- just go with neutral colours instead because he was too excited to wait until we found out the sex of the baby. And what if he or she came early? We should start putting nursery items on lay-away now.

He finally released me from the conversation when I heard him yelp from spilling hot coffee down his front! Apparently he tripped over a stuffed baby elephant while roaming around the store.

I looked over again at Jungkook who had already started busying himself with arranging the flowers he had taken from my hands. 

His dark head bowed in concentration. His pink lips forming an 'o' shape as he adjusted one gardenia, just so.

Everyone looked happy and mildly surprise to see him turn up at the wedding rehearsal today. But no one said anything. 

We ran through the ceremony proceedings and now the wedding party were all lending a hand in getting the stately country house ready for Alyssa and Ji-Woo's big day tomorrow.

There was also a rehearsal dinner scheduled for tonight right here at the countryside manor and my eyes wandered over his back, shoulder, arms absentmindedly, heart fluttering just like it did when we first started dating seven years ago. It was too good to be true that he was right here with me....with us.