Infinite Love

*:・゚✧ *:・゚

So yesterday was a false start.

And a complete fiasco!

We spent two hours in the hospital waiting around only to find out that I was in fact, not in labour.

Apparently, I was just experiencing really strong contractions which the doctor said was normal in very late-stage pregnancy. 

I could feel Jungkook's eyes burning into me when the doctor questioned whether I'd experienced any shock or extreme stress which might have brought on the sudden cramping? I've been avoiding any deeper conversation with Jungkook ever since. 

See, I was scared. 

Ok, no-  terrified! 

That I might be forced to reveal to Jungkook that it was actually Eric who had called me out of the blue. 

Effectively, sending me in a downward spiral of guilt, fright and regret. 

I did cheat on Eric, that was true. What I did to him was wrong. Yes, Jungkook and I still had unfinished business at that time but him reaching out got me thinking about what I allowed to happen between us while he and I were still seeing each other. And how it was completely unfair to him. 

I suppose, the whole finding out that my ex was a part of some deadly secret service and going on the run for my life, made it easy to forget any of the not-so-pleasant occurrences that had all taken place before that.

Eric's surprise phone-call yesterday was a huge reality check. 

I'm not a perfect person even if Jungkook makes me feel that way most of the time. 

In a way I am glad that he called and gave me a chance to apologise and talk things over. 

As upsetting and it was, now I feel like I can finally move forward with a clean slate.

***

This morning, Jungkook and I returned to the hospital. 

This time for a proper tour of the private birth ward and to see where we were going to have the baby. We decided to get even more prepared since my scare.

I looked around at the clinical surroundings, lost in my head while Jungkook led me along. His dark eyes were wide and analytical and he was hanging off of our doctor's every word, his grip firmly and gently holding my hand in his the entire time. 

Soon, the doctor left us alone with the mid-wife and we discussed different birthing options, what to expect during the labour and delivery along with everything else, like what to expect in the first few hours and days with our newborn.

She also shared the unfortunate probability that I might go over my due-date because of Peanut's large size.

"But what about my contractions?" I asked trying hard to not sound too desperate.