Risk

*:・゚✧ *:・゚

I pulled the black givenchy sweater roughly over my head thinking long and hard about what I should do.

I need to run.

Running might not solve anything or help me out of the mess I was in but I needed time. I need to be alone, to clear my head and figure out what it is that I wanted to do. Not just follow orders from a man that I couldn't trust as far as I could throw him! And as of right now, that was not very far at all.

The shuffling sound of footsteps outside the door made me hasten my movements. 

I slipped my foot into the second side of the black leather over-the-knee boots I'd found in the bag, zipping it up. I stood up in a rush, not missing the fact that Jungkook had thought to buy me a pair of shoes that were comfortable, stylish and had no more than a 2cm heel. 

It was nice to think one last fond thought of him before I would probably, never see his face again.

With one more backward glance and a deep breath of courage, I crossed the room going over to the window-sill. My fingers curled shakily over the cold steel frame. A lurid mix of fear and determination welling up inside of me, I closed my eyes.

What the hell has gotten into you, Melanie?

I didn't know what, but this felt right.

Swinging one leg out after another, I hesitated.

Feeling the chill of the black night air claw at my skin. My ankles wobbled and for the life that I had inside me, I gathered all the strength that I could to leap from the fire escape onto a pile of rubbish below. 

It by all means, effectively broke my fall but it was the stench that nearly killed me!

Quickly tumbling out of the midst of discarded boxes and overflowing trash bags, I scrambled to my feet and scurried down the back of the alley, away from Jungkook's hide-out or whatever that place was.

With any luck, it would be another minute or two before they would enter the room and discover that I was gone. 

With no money, no phone and no plan, I stuck to the shadows of the pavement hoping that this scenario would somehow unfold in my favour.

Luckily it did. 

As I hit the open road with main traffic running towards the inner city, a taxi-cab rolled along and I flagged it down quickly.

The driver slowed, rolling his glass down a few inches and eyeing me up from head to toe. 

Thankfully, he was a normal looking cab driver, you know the ones that were old, grey and most likely had been doing this for the last thirty, odd years.