My Boy

Growth?

Letting go of our past and treasuring the future.

                                                 *:・゚✧ *:・゚

I sit in a chair watching Jungkook's final photo shoot for promoting this new album. 

We wrapped the tour a few days ago and I have to admit that now is a strange time for me. 

These past few days, I've done my best to appear calm and collected on the surface but inside, my soul runs a riot of thoughts and varied emotions.

There's only four weeks left until my expected due date but the doctor says that Peanut can come at any moment now.

I haven't packed an emergency hospital bag, I have nothing ready yet, because I'm waiting.... for Jungkook to come home.

He never said it outright but I know he'd want to be a part of everything and as silly as it sounds, I felt guilty walking even the smallest step of the way through this journey without him. So I decided to wait.

After todays' photo shoot ends he'll be on a long enough break that we can get settled into all the new changes that await us on the horizon.

Changes

I suppose that, that's what I'm feeling so uneasy about.

Just a year ago I despised my ex with every fibre of my being. 

Now, we were about to take the biggest leap of our lives, together.

As much as I've anticipated it, the thought of welcoming a brand-new life into the world and actually living together under the same roof for the first time as a married couple, made me nervous....

Not a bad nervous but an, 'excited' nervous, an 'I'm not quite sure what to expect'  kind of nervous.

I chewed on my lip absentmindedly, the distant ring of the camera's shutter echoing softly somewhere in the back of my mind.

"There you are!" a gentle voice whispers gruffly in my ear.