Strangers

*:・゚✧ *:・゚

I left the hotel the next morning with my signed divorce papers in hand.

Jungkook agreed to my wishes after realising that sex the night before hadn't changed anything. 

I told him that I didn't see a future for us. And while I could forgive him and try to let go of the past, I couldn't forget it.

Flagging down the closest taxi, I quickly went to my apartment building where I took a well needed shower and changed into some comfortable yoga gear.

My eyes scanned the room for my phone as I emerged into my living room. 

I caught my reflection in a nearby mirror and stood still for a few seconds. 

Gazing into my own eyes, I wondered if I was doing the right thing? I mean, this is what I've been wanting all along so there was no need to hesitate now.

I tear myself away from the mirror to find my phone laying on my favourite lavender sofa and sink down. I procrastinate a little by rubbing the pads of my fingertips along the ridges of the soft silicone where the volume buttons of my phone are. I flip the casing over in my hand to reveal the smooth, black glass of the screen. 

Taking a sharp breath in, I dial Matt's number.

He doesn't take long to pick up, "Melanie?"

"Matt, I- I have the papers." my cold fingers close around the paper envelope next to me and as I squeeze my eyes shut and take a deep breath, a single tear runs down my cheek.

The silence on the phone line perplexes my poor lawyer, "Melanie? Melanie are you there? Are you alright?"

"Yes, Matt. I'm fine, just get here as quickly as you can, ok?"

                                                         ***

Sifting through piles of parchment paper, I search for a matching sheet bearing gold-leaf writing. I hiss victoriously when I find it. Fastening it to the glittery cardboard background and I hold it up triumphantly, showing it to Alyssa.

"Looks perfect!" she squeals, absolutely delighted.  

We've been sitting on her kitchen floor putting her and Ji Woo's 'save- the- dates'  together. While doing this, I explained what happened between me and Jungkook after the concert a month ago. 

I hadn't seen them in such a long time, it was the least that I could do to help with the wedding after disappearing on everyone.

The finalisation of my divorce was a little harder on me than I'd imagined. I needed to renew my mind so I could get back to work, my business and my new love-life. 

Eric said he would wait for me and didn't mind me going away on my holistic retreat to the rain forests in Brazil.