Settle

*:・゚✧ *:・゚

"Pleeeease..." I beg Eric over the phone.

I've been trying to convince him to drop all his plans for the weekend and find his way thousands of miles outside New York city, to join me at Lake Momo. 

He's sounding a little bit on the fence about whether or not he should come and that's way better than a flat out, 'no' at this point. 

"Are you sure that you need me there, Mel. This isn't like you....you're usually so independent.."

"Of course It isn't like me! Is spending 5 whole days out in the middle of nowhere very 'me' ? No, it's not. That's why I need your support, your...your company, Eric! I really need you to come through for me on this one.. " I whine into the phone.

I hear him let out a long breath of what I hope represents his surrender to my demands. 

"Melanie, please tell me again just why you need me to accompany you on this trip? I have a feeling that something is wrong, otherwise you would have asked me to come with you when we were together yesterday." 

"I know, I know and I'm sorry. My assumptions were that the trip was to some luxury Spa resort or something, not a musty cabin on the lake!" 

I hear Eric softly click his tongue in uncertainty and my heart twinges in panic so I decide to pull out my last ditch attempt to convince him that he's 'the big strong hero'  to my damsel in distress. 

"Babe, trust me when I say, that I really need you. First of all, I miss you already and second....I might need saving from..... you know....uh, from dangerous, wild animals and bugs ! Yes, bugs! So many bugs. You know how much I hate bugs.."

Eric laughs, finally and I chuckle too nervously on the other line hoping that he'll take the bait.

I know I might sound silly and that he must be wondering what sort of nutcase he might have gotten himself mixed up with, but I'm desperate and these excuses are all that I've got!

Eric doesn't know that when I said, 'dangerous wild animal', I actually meant  my ex-husband.  

That's who I'm really afraid of! 

Lions, tigers, bears... those didn't faze me but I was absolutely petrified at the thought of falling in love with Jungkook again.

 I was all nerves and sweaty palms whenever he was around. Earlier that evening, I nearly spilled an entire tray of half-empty bottles of beer down my front when he leaned over to my ear and asked, "Need any help with that?" 

Jungkook knew damn well what he was doing and I was sure the 'beer incident' was only the beginning of whatever torture he had in store for me on this trip.

"Ok you got it. I'll be there.." Eric concedes after a long pause.

If it weren't for my caution around the baby, I would have done a cartwheel across the room right then and there!