For You

*:・゚✧ *:・゚

Jimin's footsteps echoed down the stairwell until they could no longer be heard.

We were alone. It was silent.

I sniffed then cleared my throat, feeling uneasy.

"Well I ... uh, it's late.... I should go back inside now." I said. There was no way to deny the frigidity, the awkwardness. It broke me that we had come to this. 

I pulled the long woollen cardigan I wore a little tighter around me as I made my way back inside.

Pursing my lips together, I walked away with a still, unmoving Jungook in my wake. I braved myself for the emotional crash of rejection and the pain I was about about to feel once I closed that door behind me. 

"Mel, wait!" 

Jungook's crystal, clear voice rang in my ears like a hymn.  

I closed my eyes slowly, not yet turning around. My fingertips ghosting the tiny swell of my stomach, revelling in our salvation as emotion crept up, lodging a painful lump in my throat.

Releasing a shallow breath, I pivoted slowly to face him again. 

His dark eyes searched mine, desperate and pleading whilst I could feel mines shimmering with warmth and expectancy. 

"Can I talk to you?"

I couldn't contain it, I smiled. I was so done trying to keep my feelings hidden from Jungkook! Knowing that this might be my only chance to be honest with him before he leaves, I had to stop being so proud even if it meant I could be hurt again. 

I nodded permissively and his chiseled face broke into that boyish grin that I loved.

"Come inside..." I instructed quietly, pushing the door open. 

Jungkook followed behind as I made my way to the open-plan kitchen. 

"Coffee?" I asked quietly.

"No," Jungkook replied, his voice somewhat gritty, "Just some water would be great."

I looked at him. 

"Thanks," He finished hurriedly.

I selected a glass from the cabinet then padded across to the sink.

Rubbing the back of his neck, Jungkook walked over to the living room and sat down. 

On the outside I was calm but my mind rioted with questions. There were so many questions but first, I had to figure out how I would tell Jungkook about Peanut?