Its Just A Day Like Any Other Day

I remember this day so clearly, that at times I wonder if I am really watching it replay, over and over again.

The night before, Morgana was slowly turning back to her scheming ways. I remember her trying to persuade me to come with her, whilst looking for people to join her cause. I must admit, I did feel for her. I really did. In fact a part of me wanted to, but I knew some of her intentions were wrong. Her intentions towards Arthur, war wouldn't solve the ban on magic, so I refused. It was tough, and I was afraid, but we had a bond stronger than that. I just hoped it'd shine through.

She left that morning, only just accepting my resignation. Though I could tell she was planning some way to coax me over. Maybe it was the way she held her head a little higher, stiffer even. The determination slowly filling her emerald eyes.
"I'll be back in about three days, it's at least a days ride there and back, and I'll have a day there"
"It's fine, I'll keep the house warm and have a meal waiting for you" I follow her out of the door, and over to the horse.
"You will keep safe won't you?," She turned sharply to look at me,
"promise me".

These promises were hard to keep, how was I supposed to know the future? She was the one able to see it and I had never really mastered mine. My eyes wandered around the forest for a while until they locked with hers,
"You have my word"
"Good" she grinned, climbing onto the horse. I handed her the satchel and untied the reins.
Our hands touched briefly as I gave her the reins, and before I could pull away, she took my hands in hers.
"You don't have to stay here you know" her voice was low, almost a whisper. As if she was sharing a secret.
"Honestly it's fine, I'll look after the house..." I trailed away and looked around, somewhat nervous for no apparent reason.
"I'll miss your company" she admitted, "it's always nice to have someone around".

A loud clatter could be heard from inside the house. Our heads turned in unison to discover the source of the pestilence, although we both knew what had caused it. A tiny bolt of white shot out from the open door, chirping as it went. She landed, only just might I add, on the back of Morgana's satchel, attached to the back of the saddle.
"Doesn't look like you'll be completely alone" I chuckle, whilst going over to help the dragon stay on.
"It's too dangerous for her" Morgana frowned elongating the words as if to scare the dragon.
"You know she'll follow you anyway, she always has done! She wants to protect you, just as you want to protect me"
Morgana stayed silent, weighing up her options as Aithusa nudged her and began to climb up her cloak only to nestle in her hood.

"Fine! Fine! If you insist Aithusa"
Morgana hadn't planned on the dragon coming with her, as she was worried that she would get captured or injured. Something she couldn't bear thinking about. On hearing her name, a tiny white head popped up from inside the hood, smiling.
" I say she'll help with you cause, and at least now I'll be safe in the knowledge that you are being looked after" as I walk with Morgana and the horse to our clearing.
"I'll see you soon" she said looking back, as her horse walked side to side, impatiently.
"I know, I look forward to it" I wave her off and just as I'm about to turn around and leave, she calls out.
"Don't forget your promise!"
And with that, she was gone.

I was only a little glad that she was leaving, I hoped with all my heart, Arthur might visit. I had somehow managed to keep them apart so far, but it was being to take it's toil on me. If either were to find it, it'd feel like an utter betrayal to them.They were my friends, an you don't turn your back or take sides when it comes to friends. There was just something more. If only I understood how much more there was, and it was only then I found the right person to tell me.