ten..

"What do you mean you couldn't do it?" Duck narrowed his eyes at his friend

"What do you mean you couldn't do it?" Duck narrowed his eyes at his friend. It was now Moday, Duck and Armani were walking to the court just to hoop around before class and Armani told his friend what happened Saturday night.

"I don't even know my nigga, it's like I just couldn't bring myself to say it," he sighed. "Maybe I am scared," he muttered.

"Ain't that what I said? I told you. Ain't nothing wrong wit' it," Duck shrugged. He'd always been the single friend with all the answers. Sometimes Armani felt like he knew him better than he knew himself.

"Ain't that Nayeli right there?" Duck squinted his eyes as they continued to walk, and sure enough, there Nai was, sitting on a bench looking highly uncomfortable while someone was talking to her. "Who the hell—is that Hassan?" he jerked his head back in confusion.

Hassan was their most aggravating teammate. He was a a junior and he felt like he was God's gift to the court. He was cocky and arrogant, sometimes very ignorant as well. Girls usually liked Hassan, and he wasn't really one to be told no, so the fact that he was even talking to Nayeli raised like ten red flags in their minds.

Duck liked Nayeli, she was a cool girl and really easygoing. They obviously weren't as close as she and Armani were but they were still friends and he didn't like his friends to be toyed with, especially not by Hassan's type.

"She look hella uncomfortable," Armani noted, Duck agreeing. They looked at each other and silently agreed to go over there and help her out.

"Wassup Nai!" Duck hollered as they got closer to her. Her head turned to them slightly and a smile broke out on her face. Hassan also looked over at them, much less happy.

"Hey Duck," she said, standing up to give them hugs. "Hi Armani," she greeted him, with a smile of course. He looked down at her, and held on to her a little longer before he snapped back to reality and let her go.

"I thought yall was finna go hoop?" Hassan asked, looking annoyed that they interrupted him.

"We was," Mani nodded. "We been looking for her, she said she wanted to watch, right mamas?" he looked over at her. Her eyes went wide at the nickname he chose, but nevertheless she nodded quickly.

Hassan was also very airheaded, so he was liable to believe about anything.

"Hm," he hummed, watching as Nayeli stood to her feet, and in between the two boys. "Well I'm gone see you later, right?" he asked suggestively, biting his lip at her. Nai was looking down at her hands again, and Armani knew she was nervous as well as uncomfortable, and he didn't like it at all.

"Hassan, don't you got class?" Armani tilted his head, moving closer to her smaller body. "We gotta go anyway, come on," he said, pushing her slightly away.

They started walking toward the court and Nai's shoulders visibly relaxed once they were away from him and out of sight.

"He was making you uncomfortable?" Duck asked, looking over at her.