thirty-six..

One Month Later

One Month Later

Nayeli had just got off work. It was only 4, and her last class had just ended for the day.

"Look at Ms. Nayeli! Working overtime," one of the daycare teachers, Danielle smiled as she came upstairs, ready to go. Danielle had been working here since Nai was still enrolled in after care.

"Yes ma'am, my mama and daddy went on a date, so I had to cover her class," she chuckled. She'd done this for her mom a few times already and she didn't mind. She liked the older kids, and they loved her.

Once Nai talked to Danielle a little more she told her goodbye and went to get in her car and pick up Cianna and little X from her god parents house because they wanted to sleep over, and their house was literally always open.

Nai was having a good summer so far, she'd been working, shopping way more than she should have with her cousins, she went to six flags about four times already, she got even darker than she already was, being outside all the time, too. Dallas and Kareem's girlfriends both were spending the summer down in Atlanta, and looking for apartments for when they all graduated together.

Pheonyx had found her a Morehouse man, who was also an Alpha, and a criminal justice major. He was fine and Nyx was with him whenever she wasn't with her cousins, Nai thought it was so cute.

Israel was still hoeing, and his mother knew nothing of it. Amora was single, fresh from a breakup and very much enjoying her fair share of hookups here and there. As long as they stayed safe Nai encouraged them to live their best lives.

"Hi TT!" she smiled, after Rayne opened the door for her.

"Hey pretty girl," Rayne smiled. "Cianna! Xavier! Your Godsister is here bring y'all behinds downstairs!" she called. Nayeli heard two sequential replies of 'yes ma'am' before they started running around.

"How's your man, pooh? He was so nice, he needs to come back down," Rayne gushed. All her aunties thought he was so handsome and so sweet.

"He's good, TT. He's been working a lot so he's always tired," she pouted. "But he likes his job and he says he's making good money, so he's happy, but I wish I could see him too," she sighed.

To say she missed Armani was an understatement. She literally thought about him every single day, she wished she could just be with him. He told her things at home were a little rough now too, and she hated that he was so stressed about it and that there was nothing she could do.

"Hi Nai Nai!" Xavier jr. said, running up to her. He was 9 now, and just full of energy. "Bye mommy, love you," he kissed his mom and sprinted to the front door.

"Hey godsissy," Cici grinned. "See ya later, mama," she waved at Ray.

"Y'all behave, don't let me hear you not listening to TT Dira and Uncle G," she pointed at them, making them nod. Nai said goodbye to her Godmother and made her way back to her car with the kids. On the entire way to her house they talked her ear off, like they always did.