twenty-seven..

"My baby a champ," Nayeli sang, kissing his lips as he came up to the sidelines

"My baby a champ," Nayeli sang, kissing his lips as he came up to the sidelines. The Grambling State Tigers had just won their state championships this evening. Nayeli was extremely proud of Mani, his whole family came out to see him, since this was his last ever game as a NCAA player.

Well everyone except his dad.

Armani tried to act like it didn't effect him, but Nai knew him better than that. She'd been trying to keep his spirits up all day, but every time he smiled, it fell faster than it came up on his face.

"I'm so proud of you, papa," she locked their fingers together and laid her head on his chest. The rest of the team was behind him celebrating, jumping around center court, but Mani wasn't in the mood.

"Thank you mi amor," he mumbled, watching as his mother and sisters made their way down the bleachers to him. Nai moved back once she heard Josefina and Camila yelling for him, so she wouldn't get caught up in the violent greeting.

"You did so good! I haven't seen you play in forever jefe you did that!" Josefina slapped his shoulder.

"I recorded literally every thirty two seconds," Camila said. "I was screaming so loud, I'm surprised mamá didn't tell me shut up," she laughed, making Mani crack a genuine smile.

"Look at you, hijo! You did a wonderful job," his mother spoke, holding his face in her hands. She was honestly proud of her son, he was growing up into a man whether she liked it or not and loving him meant supporting him in whatever path he chose to take.

"Estoy orgullosa de ti," (I'm proud of you) she nodded, wrapping her arms around him, feeling herself getting emotional.

"Thank you, mamá," he rubbed her back before wrapping his arms around her as well. Nayeli just watched from the side, along with his sisters, knowing this was something he needed from her right now.

"Armani?" Nai spoke quietly, entering his room all the way

"Armani?" Nai spoke quietly, entering his room all the way. She had just come back from her dorm, he asked her to spend the night and she needed to grab some things from her room first before she came, including her blanket she got for Valentines day, which she refused to sleep without.