six...

"Armani, my period was supposed to come next week, not this week! You messing my shit up," she whined over the phone as she got in her car, getting ready to come to his apartment

"That's my fault?" he chuckled, checking on his food in the oven. He was practicing baking, and he was glad Duck was gone because his greedy self would eat his whole cake.

"Yes! You know sex messes with my period," she whined. "I took some medicine and I'm still cramping so bad, Mani,"

"Aww daddy's sorry, baby," he pouted, making her straight face him, and he couldn't help but laugh, which made her laugh too.

"You talked to my mama today?" he asked. Sofía said she was gonna call her earlier, because she missed them both, but 'missed her nuera more'.

"Yes! We talked in Spanish the whole time," she said proudly. She was basically bilingual at this point, because he'd never heard anyone speak Spanish faster than his mom, and for her to be able to understand her meant she basically had it all down.

"Okay, I see you baby! My shorty said she speak two languages," he hyped her, making her stick her tongue out.

"Period, these girls could never. Are we still having movie night tomorrow?" she wondered. Their group of friends tried to have something all together every other week, and this time, Mani and Duck were hosting at their apartment.

"Yes ma'am," he nodded. "Tell ma make them good brownies for me, please," he cheesed. Nadira's brownies were possibly the best dessert he'd ever had, he thought.

"You know she will," Nai shook her head playfully. "She spoils you too much. It's always 'does Mani want some? Should I make a plate for my son in law?' and we're like ma'am, please,"

"Don't be jealous my suegra loves me, you bum," he laughed, and she rolled her eyes playfully.

"Ain't nobody jealous of y'all, she love me more anyway," she waved him off. "Oh my goodness I'm in so much pain," she groaned, throwing her head back against the headrest.

"Hurry up and pull up so you can lay down mamas. I bought you a lil heating pad because of last month. Shit had me scared," he chuckled.

Her period started when she was at his house last month, and she was completely miserable. She was crying and throwing up, he had absolutely nothing for her. He had to go to the store and find the strongest pain reliever he could find and some ginger ale, he was a mess.

Now he made sure to keep pads and tampons at his apartment for her, he kept extra strength aleve in the medicine cabinet, and a heating pad.

"Aw, thank you papa. I'll see you in a few okay?" she smiled. "I love you,"

"I love you too, mamí," he replied and she hung up.