thirty-five..

June 8th

June 8th

June had come, and it was time for everyone to say goodbye until the next semester. Sad was an understatement, really.

Nayeli cried when Bri and Tripp left for New York, and she did too. She made such good friends, she didn't wanna be without them for so long. Especially since she didn't know if she and Samara would be roommates next semester.

She didn't even want to think about saying bye to Armani, she teared up just thinking about not seeing him for two month's straight. He'd be working so it'd be hard for him to come visit, and she would also be working, just to keep her busy during the summer months.

She was going to teach ballet to the preschoolers and the elementary school kids at her mom's company starting the Monday after she got back, and she was excited to do it. She hadn't been dancing nearly as much as she'd like, so this was a win win for her.

Armani got a job as a line cook at a local restaurant in his area, and he was pretty excited as well. He'd be working in his first professional kitchen ever, and he didn't know what to expect, but he was looking forward to it nonetheless. What he was not looking forward to was being apart from Nai. Neither of them were really prepared for that part of the break.

"Nai watching you pack is really depressing me sis," Lea pouted. She hated to see her friends leave, she'd be alone in Louisiana until August.

"I know, I'm sad too, I wish I could take you with me, Lea," she sighed, closing up her last box.

"Me too! I'm gone get sick of seeing Shamari ugly ass every day," she rolled her eyes. Her younger brother lived to annoy her, it seemed. She was always complaining about how badly he loved to irritate her but she always forgave him. He and her older brother Shareef just fought, on the other hand.

"Tell Shamari I'm gone beat him up if he don't let you have a good summer," she laughed. "But seriously, I'm gonna miss you, we gotta FaceTime all the time, me you and Bri, we're gonna watch Cheer together," she said.

"Definitely, movie night once a week just like normal," she smiled, giving her another tight hug before Armani came in to grab her last box. "Okay, you be safe driving all them hours, stank. You let me know as soon as you get home okay?" Samara spoke.

"Okay I will. You behave yourself down here, alright? I love you roomie," she grinned.

"I love you too roomie," she smiled sadly and Nayeli made her way out the door to leave Samara to finish packing her stuff.

She sighed long and hard, knowing the last and hardest goodbye was next.

"Armani," she pouted, walking over to her car where he stood, just now getting her trunk closed. He looked up from his phone at her, sliding it into his pocket and opening his arms for her. She gladly went to him, laying her head on his chest.