twenty-nine..

April 7th

April 7th

"Lea, we're gonna be late, girl come on," Bri stressed, as the girls all waited on her with their bags and suitcases by the door. Spring break officially started the day after tomorrow, but they were all done with classes and midterms, as they thought, so they'd booked their flights to Los Angeles on this gloomy Wednesday.

"Sorry! Sorry, my brothers a dickhead," she grumbled. He hid her charger, knowing she'd tear up the entire house looking for it. "Bye mommy! Love you!" she yelled to her mom again as she rushed to the front door.

They all piled in Nai's car, since it was the biggest, and sped to the airport. They were supposed to meet the guys at 6:30, and it was 5:40, so Nai had to hurry. Their flight was at 8, but everyone knew the unspoken rule about black people and the airport.

At 6:26, the girls were bustling into the airport to find their gate, where they were looking for their boyfriends.

"Mani said they were right here, I don—oh there they go," she pointed at them, sitting slumped in the airport seats, half of them resting on neck pillows, the others resting on the others shoulder. It was 6 in the morning after all.

They snickered at them, taking pictures of them sleeping, and Nai volunteered to wake them up.

"Excuse me guys..." she called, softly. They looked so peaceful she honestly felt bad and wished she had Lea do it. "You guys...we're here," she said a bit louder.

Armani, who was extremely used to her soft voice, had heard her in his sleep, like he did whenever she tried to wake him up. His eyes cracked open, and he saw Nai standing in front of them in leggings, an old t-shirt of his and a jean jacket. She wore her red crocs to go with the shirt and he saw he ring glittering on her finger. No matter how many times he saw her wearing the ring, he smiled like it was the first time.

"Good morning," he mumbled, voice raspy from sleeping so long. He slept the entire ride to the airport and had been sleeping since they sat down.

"Morning," she grinned. "I missed you last night. Took me forever to fall asleep," she chuckled. They'd been spending the night with each other so much, to Nai it kinda felt weird to sleep without him. Plus, last night she was having bad dreams and he wasn't there to talk her down.

Usually before flying, Nai's anxiety would rear it's ugly head in the form of bad or gory dreams and she could never sleep.

"Nai! You were supposed to wake them all up," Noona fussed, making Nai laugh.

"Sorry! Okay hold on," she walked to each of her friends, softly shaking them until their eyes opened, and then her attention was placed back on her man. "Anyway, I missed you," she pouted, hovering over him. He easily pulled her into his lap and pressed a lingering kiss to her lips before laying on her shoulder.