thirty-seven..

"Bye mama! Tell daddy I said bye whenever he wakes up," Nai called, slipping into her sandals

"Bye mama! Tell daddy I said bye whenever he wakes up," Nai called, slipping into her sandals. She wanted to dress nice to meet his mom, but it was still deathly hot in Georgia so she kept it pretty simple. Armani told her to just dress normal but he knew she wouldn't.

"You wanna get some food, babe?" Nai asked, joining him at the car. They were scheduled to be at Tamia's house at 4, it was 1 now. The drive was an hour and twenty minutes, so just in case they wanted to stop they decided to leave early.

"Uh yeah, my stomach needs to be settled," he nodded, rubbing his hands together. Anyone could see he was nervous about seeing his mom again just by the way he was acting.

"Okay, you wanna go to waffle house? Its close by," she suggested. He nodded and then they hopped in her Range and headed over there.

"How you feeling, papa?" she asked him, pushing her sunglasses up on her head. He was reading over the menu and paused, looking up into her eyes. She could see easily that he was scared. She just wanted him to open up because holding it in wasn't going to anything but make him even more anxious, she knew from experience.

"Um...I don't know really. All I can feel are nerves yknow? It's like I'm excited, but my brain is trying to prepare me for the worst," he expressed. "I just want it to go well," he sighed. She reached over and grabbed his hands over the table and he smiled a little bit.

"I understand, babe. I know there's not much I can say to help you right now, but I'm here every step of the way okay? If you need someone to lean on, you got me," she smiled widely at him. "Is there anything I can do to help ease the anxiety a bit?" she tilted her head.

At first, he was planning on responding to her question. But as he continued to look at her he just got lost in her. All of her, her eyes, her skin, her hair, the smile on her face, it just drew him in and held him. She was so gorgeous and he felt so lucky. He knew they were having a serious conversation, he just couldn't help himself.

"Armaniiiii," she called, making him snap out of the trance.

"Sorry, sorry," he chuckled nervously. "No, not really. You being here is already a huge help mamas," he assured her, rubbing his thumb across the back of her hand.

"Okay, well you let me know if there is and I'll do it, okay?"

"Okay," he nodded. "I love you,"

"I love you," she replied, as their waiter approached to take their order.