twenty-five...

"Nai? You still up, mamas?" Armani yawned, coming back from the bathroom

"Nai? You still up, mamas?" Armani yawned, coming back from the bathroom. He hadn't noticed when he first got up, but she was still sitting straight up against he headboard at nearly two in the morning.

"I can't sleep," she said, smiling slightly.

"Baby," he sighed. "Noey's sleeping, you should try to get some sleep too, before she wants to eat," he got in bed, sitting by her.

Their first two weeks being parents had been eventful to say the least. There had been plenty of sleepless nights, due to Noémie having no regard for their sleep schedules, and wanting to eat at all times of the night. She was very fussy when she was hungry, so they never mistook her hunger for her needing her diaper changed after a week.

Nai was enjoying breastfeeding, she felt like it was her special time with her daughter, since she seemed like a little daddy's girl already.

But, along with all the happiness and new experiences, as Nai feared, her anxiety hadn't gotten any better after Noémie was born. She was still very paranoid about leaving the house, scared something would happen to her baby. She anxious to keep her eyes off her for a second, even to sleep. She recently hadn't been sleeping more than two hours at a time.

"I was trying, Mani" she sniffed, wiping her nose. She was planning to get back on her meds, she just needed to get her prescription from her therapist, which she was getting tomorrow. She really didn't want this to have a negative impact on her motherhood.

"I know you were trying mama, just—come here, baby. If Nomi wakes up I got her, okay? Come lay down, please Nai," he sighed. He hated to see her so frustrated with herself. He'd never push medication on her, but he was beginning to think it would be best.

He gently grabbed her arm, tugging on it till she moved from her position and curled herself up on his stomach. He placed his hand on her back and began rubbing it slowly, trying anything to assist her. His job allowed him some leave as well for the birth of his daughter, and he was enjoying it so much.

He enjoyed learning his baby, spending time with her, even when it was at 4 in the morning when she needed to be put back to sleep. He was enjoying seeing Nayeli as a mother, through everything she was going through, she was a fantastic mom already and he loved watching her interact with Nomi. It was the most beautiful thing to see.

As if Nomi knew her parents were cuddling without her, she started up fussing in her bassinet as Nai got comfortable, making her eyes shoot open.

"Nayeli. I got her," he said, and since it was on her side of the bed, he sat up, and Nai laid her head on his pillow, finding comfort in the smell of it. She always thought she was weird for it, but did not care at all.