Chapter One

"You're here!" Harry grins widely, as his favourite nurse walks through the doors.

"Couldn't not see my favourite patient, could I now?" Louis smirks, moving to sit in the seat next to the bed. He takes Harry's hand in his own, careful not to move the IV.

Harry giggles. The sound sending butterflies to go crazy in Louis' tummy. "You look tired," the younger boy mumbles, pouting.

"Eh," Louis shrugs and scrunches his nose cutely. "It's been a busy night. I was actually going to come see you earlier..."

"You're here now."

"That I am... Do you need anything? A drink?" Louis stands quickly when Harry nods and holds the cup and straw whilst the boy sips on it.

"Thanks, Lou," Harry nuzzles his face into the pillow a little. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," Louis smiles as Harry closes his eyes. "Were you okay this week? Not too sick?"

Harry frowns. "Probably one of my worst weeks..."

Louis' heart drops. "O-oh. I'm sorry, love." He swallows thickly. He knows Harry is very sick, he has lymphoma. But Louis just wishes the boy would get better soon.

Harry just shrugs with a sad, tired smile. "It's okay."

Louis checks the time and frowns, sighing in frustration. "My breaks over, darling. I'll see you next week, okay?"

"I'll see you then, boo."