Someplace New

"What?"

"Sorry, I don't control the weather. Unless your Star Platinum can pull some new weird trick, we're stuck here." Joseph shrugged.

Jotaro sighed. "How long?"

"I'd say a week, at least. We have to wait for the storm to pass, then find a flight that lines up with Japan's times. Two weeks at most."

Jotaro slouched as he shoved his hands in his pockets and left the room, leaving for his own once more.

Like Joseph said, Jotaro got ready and met him at his room at 9 AM. Just like Joseph predicted, a bad storm rolled in last night, lightning, rain, high winds, the works. So, now the two were stuck in Pakistan for a week or more. Jotaro wouldn't of minded, but they can't technically go anywhere for sightseeing.

He closed his door and threw his jacket onto a nearby chair. He reached for the phone on the side table and dialed a number.

...

"Hello? Kujo Residence."

"Mom?"

"Jotaro? Oh my god! Hi! I've missed you! Are you doing okay? Did anything happen to Papa? Is he okay too? Are you hurt? I heard you went all the way to Egypt! Do you know how reckless that is? You missed more than a month of school! You have some catching up-"

"Mom!"

"Oops, I did it again. Sorry."

"Yare yare daze..." Jotaro wondered how she knew they went to Egypt. But he shook it off. "We're fine, our connector flight got canceled, we're stuck in Pakistan for now until this storm passes. It's pretty bad..." Jotaro peered out the window of the sliding glass door. 

"Oh no! Do you have any idea when you will get back to Japan?"

"The old man said a week, two weeks tops. Anyways, how are you doing?" Ever since Egypt, he made a promise to himself that he would start treating Holly better. He hated the way Star Platinum would scowl at him whenever he insulted his mother. And he had to admit, he felt terrible about it now.

"Oh, I'm so glad you asked! I'm doing much better now. My fever almost completely disappeared one morning!"

"You're still recovering, take it easy. I can get a nurse from the Speedwagon Foundation to care for you until we get back."

"Nope! I'm fine, I've had some company."

"Who?"

"Oh, it's-" Holly paused, she yelled something away from the phone and returned. "sorry, I have to go. Love you, sweetie! Call me again when you can!"

"Mom-" 

The line cut off. Jotaro sighed as he placed the phone back down, retrieving the remote from last night and turning the TV on again. He wasn't going to watch it, just for background noise. He couldn't seem to work in complete silence, it could be unsettling sometimes. 

He took went shuffling around his jacket that he threw on the chair earlier and pulled out a small journal. He had bought it at the hotel gift shop the other night before they checked into their rooms. It was a normal journal, though it was a dark shade of green. It reminded Jotaro of Kakyoin's uniform, I guess that's why it caught his eye.

He opened it with a pen in his hand, he wrote the date in the top right corner, and his pen stopped. What was he going to write? 

Jotaro felt the sudden inspiration for something, so he pulled out the journal, but it slipped his mind so easily.