Regret

Jotaro ran like the wind, feeling himself drown in guilt. Why did he have to snap at Kakyoin like that? Why did he have to jinx it? Why did he have to leave in the first place?

He felt so bad. He didn't deserve Kakyoin. He even left his hat there, and he never leaves his hat behind. He hurt Kakyoin.

He arrived at the hospital, the sun only just about to set now. After the faint call from Kakyoin with barely any words, he knew that Kakyoin would not do something like that as a joke. He knew it meant something, and something bad. 

He rushed past the nurses at the check-in, ignoring their greetings completely, leaving them confused and slightly concerned. He ran past every door, looking for Kakyoin's room. 

And he found it.

He stood there, terrified to open the door, scared as to what he would find. He grabbed the handle slowly, and the door creaked open. His heartbeat seemed to stop, but in reality, it beat at the speed of light. 

Blood, absolutely everywhere. Crushed cherries splattered on the wall, the boxes crushed and ruined completely. Bedsheets bloodied and ruined, glass from the window shattered, hospital tools, and an IV sprawled on the floor. And the worst of it all, Kakyoin laid on the bed, a black eye, cuts, and wounds absolutely everywhere. A phone sat next to Kakyoin's motionless hand, as he clutched Jotaro's now blood-stained hat. His heart clenched. He failed. He swore to protect Kakyoin and give him the support he deserves. As his parents don't seem to give much to him. But he failed. He felt that he failed. He lost the only battle that mattered to him. 

He would sulk more, but no more time could be wasted. He rushed up next to Kakyoin and checked his pulse, it was there, but weak. He summoned Star Platinum to go fetch Dr. Hashi and some nurses and attempted to wake Kakyoin. He shook him, he yelled for him to wake up, he prayed, he hoped Kakyoin would wake up. He held Kakyoin's face and caressed his cheek, tears falling freely from his eyes. 

Dr. Hashi rushed in about 2 minutes later, Star Platinum close behind with a look of pure bloodlust and hatred. 

"What happened!? I thought you left! What the hell did you do-!?" She stopped when she saw Jotaro's distressed face and tears. She knew Jotaro had left angry, and thought he might've done something. But she should've known, he would never do something like that no matter how angry he was. 

"NURSE!"

...

Jotaro sat in the lobby chair, hands in his pockets, his face expressionless. Holly had arrived to support Jotaro in any way she could. She knew how special Kakyoin was to Jotaro, and how special Jotaro was to Kakyoin. She had a hunch about them having feelings about each other, but after seeing Jotaro's reaction... there was no doubt about it. 

It's been two hours now. Two hours of waiting anxiously, frightening thoughts biting at Jotaro's mind every second. As Jotaro thought, he was interrupted by a very unnecessary shout.

"Where's my grandson!!"

Joseph had barged through the door, looking around the lobby. Holly shot a glare at him, making him get a whiff of the mood and current situation. He quieted down and people stopped staring. "Jotaro, are you alright?" Joseph asked. Jotaro stayed quiet, but he had no hat to hide his face. 

"Do I look like I'm okay Jiji?"

Joseph knit his brow in concern, Holly doing the same. Jotaro's voice was so soft and sounded broken. Joseph decided to stay with them, Polnareff said he would visit the next day, as he had just gone out of town.

Dr. Hashi stepped into the lobby, Jotaro shooting out of his chair, his eyes full of hope as he waited for something. Anything. 

Dr. Hashi breathed in, holding her clipboard close. "I have some bad news."