Broken Walls

A/N: Hey guys! I'm back! I took a well-needed break from social media and just the internet itself. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter! 

!! Slight profanity is used in this chapter!!

...

That night, Kakyoin laid in his hospital bed, constantly blushing with excitement and happiness. The most stubborn boy he knew liked him. Not even that, he loved him!

He spent his restless sleep fantasizing about the future and the adventures that lay ahead of them. And though he was fully prepared for any hardships they might face. On his trip with he Crusaders in Egypt, he and Polnareff had some time to talk about relationships, since Polnareff was such a ladies man. 

Polnareff described that even if some relationships are true love and people are soulmates, it doesn't mean their journey as a couple will be nothing but smooth sailing. Kakyoin liked and appreciated the way Polnareff worded it. He claimed that soulmates are soulmates for a reason. Because no matter the tough times and miscommunications that may happen. Even if it might seem like it's all over and there's no hope for the love between them at all, they always find their way back to each other. Why? Because they're bound together by fate. And nothing can break that fate, as it is destined to come true. 

It gave Kakyoin hope. 

Ever since Polnareff told him that, he's always had a better view on romance. He still had a vague idea of what the true definition of 'love' was. What did it feel like? When do you know you're in love? And he asked. He asked Polnareff when you know if you're in love or not. And he simply replied: "Well, I'm not too sure. I've been so desperate for a girlfriend I don't really find time to think about true love or not. But I've heard about it from some people, so I'll tell you what I know. If your heart flutters and you smile unwillingly as butterflies fill your stomach just from the mention of their name, it's love."

When he was told that, he was very skeptical about it. He refused to believe that you could be so happy and get so excited just from the mention of someone's name. 

Yet here he was. 

But all that aside, anxiety still remained. 

What were they? Were they boyfriends? Dating? It's quite obvious that when someone confesses their love for another, they end up dating. He always saw it that way. But now, when it's actually happening, he realized that relationships are full of constant reassurance. Even when starting one. 

But, he didn't want to assume things, he had never been in a relationship before. He guessed he would just have to let it play out, and hope for the best.

...

That next morning, Jotaro was putting on his shoes, ready to leave back to the hospital once more. But this time, Holly stopped him. "Jotaro!"

He stopped and turned around to face her, she looked a little nervous. "Yeah?" he asked.

She smiled, "I know it might be a little much to ask with everything going on, but it's been a while since you've actually gone to school. Would you mind going? Just today?"

Jotaro's eyes widened as he practically forgot all about school. "Shit..." he muttered. He was really in for it when his teachers saw him again. He finally removed himself from his thoughts. "Uh, yeah, I'll go."

Holly clapped her hands with a little hop. "Yay! Thank you! Mommy loves you!" she jumped up and kissed Jotaro on the cheek. He reached for his school bag down on the floor and swung it over his shoulder, walking away. As he walked, he smirked, mumbling under his breath. "Love you too..."