Progress

"Come on," Dr. Fukuhara said, encouraging Kakyoin with his words. "you can do it."

Kakyoin placed his tremulous arms on the handles of the walking frame and gathered as much strength as he could to try and lift himself up. But as expected, he failed. He fell back onto his bed with a sigh but soon felt arms travel under his armpit to lift him up.

In surprise, he looked down to see Star Platinum's fists. He chuckled and used Hierophant Green to wrap around Star Platinum's hands and direct them away. 

"I appreciate your help Jotaro," Kakyoin scoffed. "but I need to do this myself."

Jotaro nodded, silently apologizing, and Kakyoin went back to trying. No more than 30 seconds later, Kakyoin gazed back to Jotaro with a nervous chuckle. "A little help?"

Jotaro shook his head with a scoff, walking up to Kakyoin and summoning Star Platinum. Dr. Fukuhara had no problem with Kakyoin having help, he let them do as they pleased, just as long as Kakyoin was using his muscles in some way, it was progress.

Star Platinum hoisted Kakyoin up and let him grasp the handles of the walking frame, slowly letting go of Kakyoin.

And there he was, Kakyoin was there, standing. Well, not really, he had his weight on the walking frame and was very tilted posture wise, also shaking from the amount of strain he was putting himself under. But it was still an achievement, he did it.

Jotaro smiled, and Dr. Fukuhara clapped quietly with a grin. "So, how does it feel?" he asked.

"Not sure..." Kakyoin chuckled. "It hurts a bit..."

Dr. Fukuhara nodded. "And that's completely normal. Your muscles haven't been used in a long time and now that they are all of a sudden they're extremely sore. Can you try taking a step for me?"

"I can try..." Kakyoin wobbled as he used his right foot to try and step forward, but tripped on nothing. Luckily, Star Platinum was on guard and caught Kakyoin before he fell, and placed him back on his bed gently.

Dr. Fukuhara smiled, clapping once more. "Yay! That was great Kakyoin, you're doing wonderful already."

Kakyoin smiled, a little embarrassed from the encouragement, as he never got it much. He saw Jotaro in the corner of his eye nodding with a smile, Jotaro gave him a look he's never been given before. And of course, since it came from Jotaro, it meant a lot more than it would if it came from anyone else.

Jotaro looked... proud.

Kakyoin looked down, smiling. Jotaro held such a special place in his heart, and he almost didn't know what to do with it. The feelings were new, and he was just new to being close to people. The same goes for Jotaro. 

"Now," Dr. Fukuhara started, finishing up writing some things down on his clipboard neatly. "you can take your medicine and we'll try again when you feel like it, okay?"

Kakyoin nodded and Dr. Fukuhara left the room, closing the door behind him and leaving Jotaro and Kakyoin alone.

Jotaro walked up to Kakyoin's side table, grabbing the glass of water and the correct amount of pills, handing them to Kakyoin. "You did well."

Kakyoin nodded. "It wasn't much-"

Jotaro stopped him. "Well, what did you expect? To be able to stand and walk all on your own right away? You were able to stand for the most part, for quite a bit too. You did great for your first try, don't let your low self-esteem get to that."

"Hey, I don't have low self-esteem." Kakyoin argued.

Jotaro looked at him with a 'really?' glare. Kakyoin rolled his eyes, adjusting his position in his bed and taking his medicine. "The rain seems to be slowing down," Jotaro noted, listening to the rain that was no longer pounding vigorously against the windows and rooftops. "once it does, I'll have to go back to school. I can pick up some extra work for myself and bring it to you. I'll go over the majority of what we learned while both of us were gone, as my teacher caught me up for the most part."