Stalking

The next morning, Kakyoin woke up with an unpleasant feeling. The feeling someone was watching him. 

He sat up and scanned the room, seeing nothing. This only made his discomfort worse. The feeling quickly went away as the door to his room opened, Dr. Hashi stepping in cautiously and quietly.

"Oh, you're awake?"

Kakyoin was confused. "Yeah, why?"

"Kakyoin, it's 4 in the morning," she chuckled a little nervously. The nightly medicine they put in his IV was supposed to keep him asleep until they stopped the flow of the medicine into his bloodstream. And Kakyoin knew this as well. "did I forget or not put it in correctly?" she examined the tubes to see the night medicine tube had fallen out, pouring into a small puddle on the floor.

"Oh! Dear me, I must've had it a little loose." she bent down and stopped the medicine. "Do you want the medicine again or do you think you can sleep a little more?"

"I think I'll make it," Kakyoin smiled. "sorry for the trouble."

"Don't apologize Kakyoin, we've been over this. I'm a doctor, I've seen all the injuries and all the patients, don't tell anyone I said this, but you're personally my favorite," she whispered the last part jokingly. 

Kakyoin blushed as he scratched the back of his neck, he didn't really know how to respond to compliments. "Heh..."

"Okay, I'll let you be now. As you know, press the button if you need anything."

Dr. Hashi left the room, the dark enveloping Kakyoin again. He closed his eyes, rolling on his side, being careful not to tug at the IV, and hoped to rest peacefully on his own.

But strangely enough, the uncomfortable feeling of someone watching him returned. He shuddered, hoping to shrug it off or ignore it. But it was not that easy.

Kakyoin flinched as he felt a small pinch on his arm where the IV was located. He opened his eyes and studied it. He shook it off, assuming he must've tugged on it accidentally. He changed positions and laid on his back in order to avoid tugging at his IV again. He closed his eyes once more and seemed to forget about the feeling of eyes trained on him.

Dr. Hashi was sitting in her office, typing in patient's records and whatnot. She has worked with the Speedwagon Foundation for some time now and had the most experience there with abnormal patients and injuries. She thought she knew everything about stands and stand injuries. But after she heard Kakyoin's stories, boy was she wrong. She decided to start working late almost daily, researching and learning and just taking care of people. She loved her job and everyone there.

After a while, the Speedwagon Foundation offered her a dorm room of some sort in the hospital that she could move into and stay the night whenever she pleased. She started spending most of her time there and was seen as weird by normal onlookers who had no knowledge of stands or the work they did. But with other employees of the foundation, she was highly respected and admired by many. 

After Kakyoin's first visit, all the Crusaders were offered high-level jobs in the foundation for their experience. Polnareff said he'd think about it, Joseph kindly declined, and Jotaro... She didn't send Jotaro an offer. He was still in school and a little too young for a job like the Speedwagon Foundation. She knows he's more than capable of handling it, but it can become stressful and she didn't want to do that to Jotaro. Like she's said before, her main goal was setting them up by the time Kakyoin is discharged.

Dr. Hashi hummed a jolly tune as she jumped up from her chair and started to rearrange some files and place some new ones here and there. She had gotten some sleep earlier and was already prepared for the oncoming day. She closed the file drawer and started to place some notes in Kakyoin's files. She worked in a normal hospital, but there was a special block of the hospital specifically for the Speedwagon Foundation. That's where they would cater to stand injuries or people having trouble with a stand similar to Holly's condition a while back.