The Long-Awaited Moment

A/N: Happy birthday Kakyoin! This is canon to the storyline unlike my other birthday specials in my other books. Also, I believe Kakyoin's birthday is July 28th, I might be wrong. But enjoy!

❤❤❤❤

The next day, Jotaro carried a cherry-flavored cake in a container back to the hospital. He hoped the doctors would let him bring it, as of course, Dr. Hashi was no longer there, and she usually didn't care if he brought snacks or treats for Kakyoin.

Jotaro groaned loudly as he saw the girls at his school up ahead. He knew there was a big possibility that he would run into them walking home from school, as visiting hours were late in the day rather than earlier in the morning. It also took some time to frost and decorate the cake.

As soon as the fangirls saw Jotaro walking towards them, they immediately rushed to him, surrounding him and preventing him from moving forward.

"Hey, I have somewhere to be," he grunted, attempting to shove them off.

"Ooh, what's this??" A brown-haired girl with a bob cut tapped the fogged cover of the cake.

Jotaro swiftly held up the cake, away from their reach. "Leave it alone," he snapped.

They squealed and started conversing about who he said it to exactly, hoping it was them. He growled and attempted to move his way through the crowd. "Where have you been JoJo? What do you have there? Are you dating anyone yet? Need help? Here, grab my hand."

Jotaro ignored their useless banter and was almost able to fully shove through, but then, a girl was shoved into his back, which held a giant bruise from the battle with the headmaster.

It felt as if the air was knocked from his lungs, even though it wasn't, as he had just held his breath from the pain.

Of course, since he shouldn't even be here and should still be in the hospital, he was not fully recovered and did not have his full strength. It almost played in slow motion as the cake began to slip from his hands. He closed his eyes and winced, but he heard no sound of the cake container hitting the floor.

He opened his eyes to see a girl standing there, holding it gently in her hands. She had long black hair down to her lower back, pale skin, and circular glasses over her eyes. She smiled, handing it back to him. "It looked like you needed some help, and I guess I got here just in time."

Jotaro took the cake from her, confused. "I haven't seen you here before..."

She nodded, pushing up her glasses and adjusting her bookbag. "Yes, I'm new here. My name's Tsugumi, what's yours?" She held out a hand for Jotaro to shake, which he accepted.

"Jotaro."

"Well then, Jotaro, I guess I'll see you around," she smiled with a wave and continued walking dragging most of the fangirls with her.

He shook his head. "Yare yare daze, at least she's not annoying..." He looked back at the cake in his hands and internally thanked her for saving it. He didn't know what he would've done it the cake had fallen.

...

He knocked on Kakyoin's door with the cake behind his back.

A muffled 'yes?' came from the other side of the door, letting Jotaro know it was okay to enter. He opened the door to see Kakyoin playing on a gaming console, setting down the controller in his lap to direct his attention to Jotaro.

"Where'd you get that?" Jotaro asked, walking inside the room and closing the door behind him.

"It's always been here since I played with Polnareff a while back," he replied.