Trickery

Note: Some logic is defied in this chapter, don't question it, it's JoJo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dr. Hashi ran to the lab, Joseph close behind. She quickly examined the cup, not seeing anything unusual. But she would have to do a double-check. The lab for the Speedwagon Foundation had gotten ahold of German science technology, from a source she did not know of. It was a scanner, specifically for investigations on finding unusual substances or fingerprints, and it would extract it for further inspection.

The scanner beeped, the cup was removed, now clean. And a small capsule was also ejected, clear liquid wobbling around inside. 

She carefully took the capsule and set the coffee cup aside. Joseph watched as she worked, her hands quick as she focused on her goal. She started by taking drops of the substance, adding it to blood. There was no reaction. Then it hit her. She turned on her heel, looking at Joseph. "I need your blood."

Joseph looked at her, a little startled at the sudden demand. "What?"

"Just a drop, that's all I need."

Joseph looked uneasy, but let her do what she needed. "Go ahead. But, you might find some vampire genes in there." Dr. Hashi raised a brow at him. "It's a long story."

Dr. Hashi took a few drops of blood as she needed, and put it into a clean test tube. She added the clear substance to Joseph's blood.

It flickered. And completely lost color.

Joseph looked utterly terrified. However, Dr. Hashi had a face of disbelief. "I've only seen this once before," she panicked as she dug around the lab. 

"What do you mean?" Joseph questioned, his eyes following her around the room.

"It's a stand cancelation serum. Severely dangerous to the human body. Jotaro is strong, he'll live through it, but if left without an antidote of some kind, can lead to brain damage. But until we find him, we have to hope for the best."

"Which is?"

Dr. Hashi stopped to look at Joseph. 

"His stand will be the only thing missing."

...

Kakyoin had finished his conversation with Avdol and Joseph, as well as Jotaro who didn't say anything but was listening. Joseph was about to go pick some stuff up at the Speedwagon Foundation.

"Hey Kakyoin," Joseph said. "I think Holly left, could you call her? I want to know if she wants anything while I'm out."

"Sure," Kakyoin nodded, taking a phone and dialing her number. 

"Hello?"

"Hi, Mrs. Holly, Mr. Joestar is going out to get some stuff at the-"

"Wait, Kakyoin!?"

Kakyoin was a little confused at her reaction. "Yes?"

"Is it really you!?"

Kakyoin laughed, but it was not because it's funny. "Um, yeah. Are you okay?"

"Where are you!?"

"I'm at your house... with Mr. Joestar and Avdol, Jotaro too."

The line went silent, now even Joseph stopped to listen in. 

"Kakyoin... Do you know where you are right now?"

"I just told you, I'm-"

"Sweetie. The real you."