The Stars in Platinum

A/N: Teeny bit of stand logic might be defied. But if you question this small stand rule being broken, just think about Mista's stand for a few seconds and there you go. Also, this is a heartfelt chapter, the next few chapters will be hurt comfort and heartfelt. Enjoy!

Joseph was currently in the lobby of the hospital, talking to Polnareff, who had just arrived from being out of town.

"Jeez, can't a guy get a break for once? I barely got to settle in my hotel room when you called me!" Polnareff whined.

"I know Polnareff, you want to take a break and live your life, but our fight is not over," Joseph explained.

"What!? You mean DIO's alive!?" He shouted.

Joseph jumped at the name of the immortal vampire and immediately shushed him. "No! 'He's' dead! I'm talking about stands! Enemy stand users! Do you ever think rationally!?" Joseph yelled, smacking Polnareff in the back of the head.

"Hey hey hey! Watch the hair man!" Polnareff swatted his hand away and fixed up his hair to stand straight. He sighed, looking Joseph in the eye, now with a more serious aura than before. "So, I'd like to know why you called me over here when I was only a room away from a nice bathroom."

"It'd be better if I showed you."

Polnareff followed Joseph down the hall where Speedwagon Foundation patients were held. Not many rooms housed patients of course, as not many stand users posed as much as a threat since DIO was defeated. They'd start acting up again in a bit though.

Polnareff raised a brow when they walked past Kakyoin's room. "Um, Mr. Joestar, I believe Kakyoin's room was back there. I think you passed it by mistake."

Joseph kept walking, and did not turn around to make eye contact while he talked. "I didn't bring you here because of Kakyoin. I did initially, but something else came up. You can check up on him after this."

"Isn't Kakyoin awake though? I at least want to say hi first."

Joseph stopped. Then he slowly turned to face Polnareff. "Did nobody tell you?"

Polnareff shook his head, clueless. "Last time I was here, we played video games. He seemed fine to me, besides his injuries of course."

Joseph's face softened. And of course, he had to explain it to him.

"I'm surprised the hospital didn't call you," Joseph said.

Polnareff only stared at him with his jaw dropped. "YOU DIDN'T THINK TO TELL ME THIS SOONER!?"

Joseph only shrugged. "I thought Dr. Hashi would've called you."

Polnareff grumbled, and turned right around, marching towards Kakyoin's room.

"Polnareff stop!" Joseph held out a hand. "I promise you can check up on him! But there's something you must see first!"

Polnareff did not stop, and Joseph felt the need to explain further before Polnareff saw Kakyoin. And he knew who could explain better, with more detail and information.

"HERMIT PURPLE!"

The familiar neon purple vine with mostly harmless thorns constructed Polnareff's body. Polnareff struggled against the restraints. And he didn't want to hurt Joseph, therefore, he did not want to attack the stand. And so, he gave up. "Polnareff," Joseph said. "just come with me. You can check on Kakyoin in a minute. Trust me. He'll be fine. He's not in there anyway."

"What?"

"Were you even listening? He was moved to a higher security room."

Polnareff looked down, and Joseph called back his stand. The continued walking farther down the hallway. Joseph soon stopped at a normal room, knocking before coming in.