Protection

Jotaro did not catch a blink of an eye of sleep. Kakyoin has not woken up yet, but it hasn't been too long, so he was not so worried. He kept his word and made sure Kakyoin was okay the entire time. If his eyelids felt heavy, he would order Star Platinum to wake him up with a slap to the face. Dr. Hashi brought Jotaro some coffee hoping that would help, and he would admit, it did.

It was 8 o'clock in the morning now, and Jotaro had made the decision to skip school once more. And he knew Kakyoin wouldn't approve but he had no choice. Jotaro sat on a chair at Kakyoin's bedside the entire time, observing the gentle rise and fall of Kakyoin's chest.

Strange things have been happening ever since Dr. Hashi had found Kakyoin's IV on the floor. At the time, she had thought she just didn't secure it properly, but then the other thing happened, and she wasn't so sure. They would have to hear from Kakyoin before they determined anything.

Today was the day Kakyoin's parents would come visit their son. Dr. Hashi knew they wouldn't be fond of Jotaro, and advised him he should sit out for the time they were there. But he refused. And she knew after Jotaro said no, there was no changing his mind. 

While Dr. Hashi was doing some blood tests and normal check-ups on Kakyoin, Jotaro drifted off and fell asleep. He got a good 40 or 45 minutes of sleep but was awoken in a quite unpleasant way.

"Hey! Hey!" An angry feminine voice growled. "Are you Jotaro Kujo??"

Jotaro opened his eyes with a grumble, feeling dead-tired. "Yes?"

"How dare you! You dragged our son to god knows where and look at him!! He has a hole in his stomach!"

Jotaro felt awake in no time. He rubbed his eyes and stood up, instantly towering over the small red-haired woman, but she did not back down. 

"I dragged your son nowhere. He volunteered himself to accompany us-"

"BULLSHIT!"

Mrs. Kakyoin's husband tried to calm her down, but she only swatted him away. "Our son would do no such thing!!"

"Your son helped millions of people, sure, he made some sacrifices, but if he didn't make them, we wouldn't be having this conversation. He fought to avenge our friends-"

"DON'T CALL HIM YOUR FRIEND!"

Dr. Hashi was now in the doorway, shocked at how angry Kakyoin's mother was. She knew there would be some kind of conflict and that she would be angry regardless, but she was about ready to go apeshit on Jotaro. 

"Listen, woman," Jotaro snapped. "I'm trying to be polite to you. I'm not known for that, so appreciate it. Kakyoin is loyal and never meant to hurt you. He fought to save the world, and he was successful. We get it, you're mad that he left with a bunch of strangers. But we became friends, we had adventures and became close-"

"And who's 'we'!?"

"..." Jotaro did not know what to say. He didn't want to get anyone else involved in stands or that whole thing. Even the knowledge of them puts one in danger. He could not do that to Kakyoin's mother. "I'm sorry ma'am, but I cannot tell you. All I can say is that Kakyoin was a crucial part of our journey, and we would not be here without him. He avenged his friends and now everyone is safe because of him."

An ear-piercing smack echoed through the pale white room. Jotaro's right cheek was red, and would surely leave a bruise later on. His eyes were unseen from the shadow of his hat, and he kept his head low.

"Noriaki's never had any friends! Don't go dilly-dallying around and assuming you're his friend! You're not! And you never will be!!"

Through all the yelling and commotion, nobody knew, but Kakyoin was awake. He kept his eyes shut, secretly listening in to the whole conversation. He heard every word.