Recovery

The rest of that afternoon was spent with Jotaro and Kakyoin catching up a bit. Kakyoin had a lot more to say than Jotaro because a 2 week trip to Pakistan stuck in a hotel room was not that eventful.

Polnareff informed the two that he would be staying in Japan for the rest of the week, as it was only Tuesday at the moment. Kakyoin continued to constantly ask Polnareff if it was really okay for him to stay, Kakyoin knew how much he must want to see his family.

But, Polnareff would always reply with: "Ne sois pas idiot! You just got a literal hole punched through your stomach. What kind of friend would I be if I didn't help you recover? Really, it's my choice. You need the extra help." (Ne sois pas idiot means 'Don't be silly!' in French)

That night, Jotaro spent it next to Kakyoin. They were not in the same futon, no, just next to each other. Kakyoin awoke in the middle of the night due to a bad dream, it wasn't as bad as some he's had, but he still woke up in a sweat. 

He took some deep breaths and laid back down slowly, closing his eyes.

"Muda."

His eyes snapped open again, his breath heavy and ragged once again. He quickly held his breath and looked over at Jotaro, who still was sleeping soundly, the rise and fall of the blanket oddly comforting for Kakyoin. He guessed it comforted him because he was literally in the presence of the man who defeated DIO.

Kakyoin finally reminded himself to breathe again, and he exhaled softly. He assumed he wasn't going to fall asleep anytime soon, so might as well get a glass of water while he was awake. 

He was cautious not to make too much noise, as Jotaro looked very comfortable finally sleeping in his own house again.

He walked quietly out of the room and slipped on a pair of slippers, not wanting to make too much noise on the hardwood floor. 

He took out a small glass and filled it with water, gulping it down swiftly. He was fairly satisfied with the refreshing feel of cold water running down his throat. He finally felt himself start to relax once again. He was in a house full of people he knew he could trust, there was no reason for him to be scared.

He began to walk back to his room with Jotaro when he started to hear footsteps behind him.

Heavy footsteps, following his pattern of walking. 

He did not look back. He did not look behind him. 

He just kept walking. 

Jotaro's house was separated, a walkway led from the bedrooms to where the living room and kitchen were.

Kakyoin recognized the footsteps when he heard them. He could almost imagine DIO walking behind him with his arms crossed, and a sinister smirk riddled on his face.

The footsteps behind him quickened. He did the same. Soon, his adrenaline took over and made his body activate into a full-on sprint.

Bad idea.

Kakyoin was still in his healing progress, and barely had the strength to walk without the support of a wall or person. His adrenaline state of mind didn't let him think about the consequences.

As if lightning, a rippling stab of pain pierced through his torso. Kakyoin coughed blood with a cry of pain, his knees buckling as he dropped to the floor with a heavy thud. 

Kakyoin slowly turned his head to look behind him, a dark shadow loomed over him. Words flashed through Kakyoin's head.

"You don't even realize you've been killed."