Downpour

A/N: So sorry for the long wait! I took another break, heheh... sorry. Anyway, hope you enjoy the chapter!

...

Rain pounded restlessly against the roofs and windows of any building in its range. A sudden downpour had appeared seemingly out of nowhere. And it brought suspicion to the nearby stand users, as well as those a part of the Speedwagon Foundation.

Even indoors, the rain was just as loud as it would be outside on any normal rainy day, and if you were to go outside, it was like blasting white noise at full volume into your ears.

Jotaro was forced to take cover at a nearby bus stop, and his trip to the hospital was delayed. He shivered, unable to protect his head from the cold like usual. His new hat was supposed to be ready for pick up later that day from his tailor, and he wished it could've been yesterday.

The bus stop quickly became crowded with more and more people, pushing him further into the corner.

Just to his luck, the rain only began to come down harder and louder than before. He groaned, sinking into his shoulders. Due to the downpour being so sudden, there were many people out and about, therefore many people were looking for shelter at the moment. Finally, as more people piled up, he was pushed out of the small excuse of a roof.

He groaned and started jogging towards the hospital, holding his school bag over his head to try and protect him from the rain in any way. After another minute of jogging, he slowed down and gave up.

He removed his bag from his head and let the rain fall upon him. Within a matter of seconds, his hair and outfit were drenched, and he jolted slightly every time a cold drop of rain fell on the back of his neck. He began to walk again, his hands in his pockets and his bag hanging from his arm. He thought it was quite peaceful, even though it was cold and uncomfortable, it was nice.

It was almost as if his worries were falling down his back to his legs to his feet and the ground along with the rain. He took a deep breath and sped up a bit, regaining his motivation.

About two minutes later, he arrived at the hospital. He stepped inside, dripping with water and instantly creating a puddle on the floor.

"Sir?" One of the employees perked. "We're not accepting visitors at the moment, do you need medical attention?"

Jotaro shook his head, "I'm here to see someone."

"I apologize, but we're not accepting visitors right now. Could I get you a hot beverage to warm up a bit before you're on your way?"

"No, I'm here to see Kakyoin. Noriaki Kakyoin. I'm Jotaro Kujo."

Their eyes widened with realization. "Oh, I'm so sorry! I'm new here, so I didn't know it was you. I'm sure you know the way," they smiled politely and gestured their arm towards the hallway that led to Kakyoin's room.

He knocked softly on the door and heard a hum of acknowledgment from inside. "Can I come in?" Jotaro questioned.

"Yeah."

Jotaro opened the door slowly and saw Kakyoin sitting up in his bed with a sketchbook in his lap, a pencil, and an eraser, accompanied with markers next to him.

Once he realized it was Jotaro, he covered up his sketchbook and flipped it over, setting it aside. "Jotaro! What are you doing here? I thought they weren't letting in visitors."

"I-"

"You're soaking Jotaro! Were you outside in that rain without a coat?? Aren't you supposed to be in school right now too?"

"Kakyoin-"

"I can ask a nurse to give you a blanket and some coffee or tea. Which one do you prefer?"