Trapped

Note: There WILL be fluff as well as a happy ending. There are just certain events that need to happen in order for us to reach that. Also, for those of you who might be confused as to what's happening so far, I'm gonna write out a quick summary as the paragraph below, so if you are one of those people, you can read that, if not, go ahead and skip on to the chapter. 

Summary of the last few chapters:
Jotaro was captured by the headmaster Enemy and they deleted the security tape file on the computer. Kakyoin was only able to reach outside the dream world to Holly's phone because he's being manipulated by a long-range dream stand, that works for the headmaster. This is the reason he was sent into a spiral of nightmares. While Holly mentioned how it was nice to hear Kakyoin talk on the phone, Joseph and Dr. Hashi were both confused, only to realize something that wasn't great. That it wasn't actually them listening in. There were imposters on the Enemy's team, and it seems they can disguise themselves. Meanwhile, Jotaro is currently being interrogated about the secret move he used to destroy DIO, but he refuses to say anything. Here and there, the Enemy is dropping little hints that are worrying for Jotaro. Like 'Kakyoin knows too much, we must put an end to him', or, 'Maybe he can help'. Which is only adding more anxiety to Jotaro's current state. If you have any questions just comment and I'll be happy to answer :)

...To the actual chapter...

Kakyoin's been running for who knows how long. His dreams took such a sharp turn from confusing to just pure torture. He's been repeating in his head over and over that none of this is real, and he has no reason to be running. But every time something came close to harming him in any way, his fight or flight response kicked in and he just kept running. He couldn't stop it. His body just moves on its own. 

He finally stopped to catch his breath in an alleyway. He wasn't sure where he was, he didn't recognize it. But he was in a city, tons of people he didn't know walking the streets, not caring for what's happening around them, like AI's in a video game.

Kakyoin shut his eyes and massaged his temples, thinking of a way to get out of this situation. He knows just thinking about something that could help him.... but what? 

That's it! A video game!

Every enemy has a health bar, and special moves, a video game takes technique and skills, which he just happened to have. He just had to think of it as a video game. Fight your enemy, win or lose, if you lose, you just respawn. Right? Easy enough. He took a deep breath and opened his eyes. 'I just have to control my body, and not run away.'

Kakyoin made his way out of the alleyway, cautiously looking both ways. 

"Got you."

Kakyoin spun around and sent a fist right for his enemy's face. He didn't have Hierophant Green with him after all. Kakyoin gasped when he saw his enemy.

"Jotaro?" Kakyoin rushed over to his friends' side. He examined his face to make sure he didn't do just too much damage to him. Jotaro looked at him, wincing slightly at the sting. 

And then it happened.

Kakyoin was shot back. Flying out of the alleyway, all the way across the street and right into the brick wall of a building. He coughed blood violently from both the impact and his new injuries. And despite everything that just happened, what hurt him more was all the past trauma that suddenly came rushing back to him.

He finally started forgetting, those nightmares finally started to slow, but now the traumatizing thoughts came back. DIO.

He felt the deja vu and nostalgia while he flew back into the wall. Images of the water tower flashed in his mind. The blood. The scream of his name. And then the silence. The repetitive beeping of the heart monitor.