The Fates

Next Day..

I got up early, quickly removing myself from Zach's motionless body, careful not to wake him from his slumber. I showered and dressed before grabbing a pen and paper.

I quickly scribbled down a note saying I was going to see some people and I'd be back by the time school ends. Planting a quick kiss on Zach's head, I walked towards the kitchen. My stomach growled as I peered into the huge pantry.

Wanting to get away soon I grabbed a granola bar and apple, slipping through the front door as I took my first bite. My neck ached slightly from the bite mark that Zach did to me. I ran towards the cave of which I knew the fates would be.

I was deep into the forest and careful not to let my scent be smelt. The cave was big, with a small opening and a single room. "The Fates" stood looking into a cauldron that had a murky substance in it. There were 4 of them; Waterass, Flame, Windy and Earthiness. Each of which controlled an element and decided people's fates or could see people's future.

Waterass spoke her voice sweet but her body covered in a blue cloak 'We know why you're here'.

'We've been waiting', Flame continued her voice monotone.

'You want answers', Windy said.

'To your future and Zach's', Earthiness finished.

'But you also want to know why we have you this assignment', Windy put in.

I nod careful not to interrupt them. They were always cryptic with what they told you, careful not to give anyway the exact answers.

'Zach's in danger but you are in greater so', Flame said her voice grave.

'There's a war coming', Waterass said.

'Start practicing healing as it may be useful', Earthiness advised

'Careful who you trust, keep the ones you do closest but be aware', Earthiness warned.

'Love will be your greatest weakness as you were always afraid of', Windy said wisely.

'Your future is uncertain even to us but be prepared', Flamed finished.

I nodded and they ushered me out. I thought about what they said as I made my way back slowly towards Zach's house. Love has always been my greatest weakness. I still didn't know how to heal people or animals. "The Fates" brought more questions then answers. Who is the war against? What did they mean about trust? How would I heal someone and who? One thought was burning in my mind "Zach's in danger but you even more so". What was I meant to prepare for war? Or something else? I didn't know.

Worry was probably written across my face as I entered Zach's front door. I heard arguing in the kitchen and headed that way.

I walked into the kitchen and was met with Zach yelling at his mother, his dad defending his mum and his mother yelling at Zach.

'Shut up!' I yell over them my voice booming making the chandelier jingle. 'What is the problem?' I ask as they stare blankly and angrily at me.

Zach spoke first 'When you were gone this morning I didn't think you were coming back. I know on the note you said you would but.. but.. I was worried and I blamed Mum for accusing you of being a slut and making you angry'.

Kylie (Zach's Mum) spoke next 'I am sorry for accusing you and I was worried Zach might lose it and shift in the house or go mad because you're not with him. I tried calming him and said that you'd be back but it just turned into an argument'.

Brandon (Zach's Dad) finished by saying 'I was just defending my mate and trying to keep everything in order'.

I started laughing hysterically and hiccuping. I didn't know what was wrong with me until I felt tears streaming down my face. I began to sob and Zach came over and laid me down on the couch. 'Whats the matter? what happened? is everything okay? Where did you go? who did you see', A million questions were asked by all three of them.

Instead of answering I closed my eyes and slept. Fear still present in my mind. I wasn't scared of anything I'd seen humans insides pour out of there mouths. I'd seen a wolf go crazy due to wolfs bane. II'd seen someone pour wolfs bane onto a werewolf chained to the wall. I'd heard screams, cries, begging and pleases. None of this scared me I myself had been tortured. Chained to a wall and whipped, cut, tortured for weeks. But as I let myself fall asleep I was scared and I didn't even know why.

************************************************************************

Short, sorry. Thanks for reading!! Comment Vote Follow